Possible brumation

Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hello guys. I need some advice. I am a new owner and this is Mushu he’s about a year old now. Last week around Monday or tue he was scratching in his enclosure to come out and when I let him out he was running around like crazy. Which is unusual for him and that happened for the next day also. I noticed yesterday he was staying in his corner where he sleeps (on the floor under his basking hammock) he still came out and ate and chilled for a bit but today he was in the same spot. His lights turn on at 8am so it’s odd for him to be there at 11am. He’s still awake and looking at me and responds to when I say Mushu. His basking spot is 92.4 degrees and his cool side is 75. His uvb is new I just replaced is last month.

If this is brumation what should I do or not do. Thanks

Attachments

• BFE0F934-55FA-415C-A055-00772BAA02C0.jpeg
    BFE0F934-55FA-415C-A055-00772BAA02C0.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 95

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello guys. I need some advice. I am a new owner and this is Mushu he’s about a year old now. Last week around Monday or tue he was scratching in his enclosure to come out and when I let him out he was running around like crazy. Which is unusual for him and that happened for the next day also. I noticed yesterday he was staying in his corner where he sleeps (on the floor under his basking hammock) he still came out and ate and chilled for a bit but today he was in the same spot. His lights turn on at 8am so it’s odd for him to be there at 11am. He’s still awake and looking at me and responds to when I say Mushu. His basking spot is 92.4 degrees and his cool side is 75. His uvb is new I just replaced is last month.

If this is brumation what should I do or not do. Thanks
How are you getting basking temps and are they surface basking temps? I would bump up your surface basking temp to 95-100 - that temp should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer they are the most accurate-UVB is it a long tube fixture? Your screen is going to determine where the UVB is placed and distanced

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He is probably just chilling out, the basking could stand to be a tad bit warmer maybe. They will generally go off food and emtpy their systems out before going into brumation.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That should be pretty good 👍

loveminimouse1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
He hasn’t gone up to his basking spot but he’s back to chilling on his log. He did eat his salad the other day but he doesn’t seem energetic more so not sleepy but not lazy not quite sure.

loveminimouse1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
It’s in the middle of his tank and it’s directly under his uvb. It’s his favorite relaxing spot it’s a different log than in the photo

loveminimouse1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So the past few days he’s been pooping daily (he normally goes every two to three days). Today when I went to check on him he didn’t eat his greens and has a sleepy look to his face and when I tried to pet him he pancakes out and he never does that to me so I left him be. I also noticed he was “digging” today a bit.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So the past few days he’s been pooping daily (he normally goes every two to three days). Today when I went to check on him he didn’t eat his greens and has a sleepy look to his face and when I tried to pet him he pancakes out and he never does that to me so I left him be. I also noticed he was “digging” today a bit.
Digging? Any possibility he is a she?

loveminimouse1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
So he could be depressed for not having a lady? What can I do to change this behavior or should I just let it be. I really appreciate any advice

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom