Possible Brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc555

Hi ive had a bearded dragon for a full year now, hes 1 years old and for the past 2 weeks hes been staying in the shady cool corner, and in his log with a heating pad in it, only those two spots when rather he usually is active, etc. He eats but its now a battle to get him to, when he usually does easily. Now i saw the first post on this forum was about how its brumation season, which im accepting at this point is definetly what is going on. However id like some advice on what exactly to do at this point as im kinda lost, as this is the first time it has happened. Advice would be great thanks.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Brumation season starts fall and goes till about now from what I understand --- most dragons are now up and awake and starting to eat again ---- can you post pics of your tank and set up -- lets start to rule out what can be going on here thanks
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can brumate at any time - it varies. A lot of them brumate starting in the fall but that's not a set rule. If he is otherwise OK and just wants to be on the cool side I'd let him be. Track his weight to make sure that remains pretty stable. They slow their metabolism when they brumate (to varying degrees) and their weight should stay pretty much the same over time. If the weight is trending downward then there could be an underlying problem that should be looked into.

jc555

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice, I’d assume that because they arent in captivity and my room stays the same temp all year, he usually eats a lot, and suddenly he hasnt so im very certain hes brumating however im considering all options here.

jc555

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2778i6lm said:
Brumation season starts fall and goes till about now from what I understand --- most dragons are now up and awake and starting to eat again ---- can you post pics of your tank and set up -- lets start to rule out what can be going on here thanks
Karrie

Heres a pic.

98039-7582958359.jpg
[/img]
98039-7718441710.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom