poss mbd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he seems to have improved now we have put him back onto the morio worms he eats about 4-5 every other day sometimes every 2 days, and i think he is eating his salad daily (not large quantities) he isnt as lethargic as he has been. we have managed to collect a large poo sample which we are sending back to the lab to be tested friday. (needs 3 stool samples but i dnt no if we will manage to get 3 from him) i think he doing well and hopefully if he doesnt have any parasites we can look into blood test and check calcium levels.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good news he seems to be doing a little bit better & is eating right now.
They need 3 fecal samples? Wow, that is quite a bit! Poor dragon.
A blood test is always a good idea just to gain a baseline when there are no other things which appear to be amiss. It will give a lot of information for you.

Keep us posted on him. I hope that he is doing better!

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i have sent the poo sample off (sat) to be tested i couldnt get 3 so im hoping that the one was enough it certainly looked huuge. he did actually do a big poo sunday also just not in time to collect and add to the other one. waiting for results, if they come back clear with no parasites which im hoping a blood test will probally show us more i think personally its calcium related.

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i recievd the faecal smaple results today and its not clear, he has numerous coccidia and moderate number of nematode ova. Im not too sure wat th sencond part is i presume another form of worm? We are booking him into the vets for further treatmant.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good that you got the results back already. Yes, coccidia & worms is a pretty standard finding. So, the counts or numbers were not overly large, but, enough to need treatment then.
Sometimes, high enough levels can affect absorption rates of vitamins, minerals & food. So, it could have been interfering with his ability to absorb calcium properly also.
Was a blood test done, also?
Be sure to give probiotics while he is on medication too, in order to help him out. Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well i will collect his medication tonight it had to be ordered in specially for him, i dont no what it is yet but will find out. i have avipro on hand to give to him aswell for a probiotic, hoping this last lot of meds will sort him out. i have read up on it and it says to keep cage furnishings to a minimun and i have disposed of his wood, kept his rocks. He has a bamboo shelve in his vivarium which acts as a second level can i clean this and keep it or would you recommend disposing of it and replacing it once he is cleared. it didnt cost much about £8 but he enjoys laying on it. He hasnt ever pooped but i dnt want to risk it if there is potential risk of some worms being on there?

i have lino as a substrate and i was going to remove it for paper towels? can i keep the lino in but dinfect it daily, i have bought some deep clean beaphar for reptiles. which i am going to use to clean the enclosure with everyday (take him out whilst cleaning it)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things?
You can definitely keep the linoleum in the tank for the liner that is no problem. Just wipe it out daily & there shouldn't be any problems with keeping it clean.
Well, that might be a good idea to get rid of the bamboo shelf here pretty soon just to make sure there is no reinfection later on just in case. I know it's a hassle! Poor guy, he doesn't have all of his basking stuff in there.
Is his appetite doing pretty well right now? I hope he is doing good!

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i removed the bamboo shelve and will buy a new one when he is all in the clean, he has a pretty basic viv of just his basking rocks and food bowl at the mo so he is a lil grumpy but was only black bearding me for a few hours he seems to have adjusted ok, i was delayed in collecting his meds yesterday because my sister was ill and she was giving me a lift down so i have to go this evening instead to get them.
i decided to take the lino out and put him on paper towel for now.
his appetite is not brilliant but much better now he is back on the morio worms, we are hoping when he is better his appetite will increase and he can go back to catching hoppers but that wont be for a while.
he was weighed at the vets and is 130grams so hasnt appeared to lost weight, i weighed him a few weeks ago at 125grams but they were not digital so i think his weight has maintained rather than grown.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, if he is at least maintaining his weight then that is better than losing weight at this point.
Maybe the meds will help him out. Let me know the dose of the drugs so I can double check them for you.
I am sure that he was not thrilled with the changes in his tank, hopefully he wont be grumpy for too long! That is great he is eating some superworms right now. His appetite should pick up soon so he will start eating some hoppers soon.
Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the meds are 0.1ml daily for 21 days he is on septrin, he is on his 10th day, i have been keeping his cage very clean, bought some beaphar deep clean reptile disinfectant to clean the tank after poops. he is not grumpy chilled down again and is enjoying the space. his appetites is not great still up and doen i think its the meds, he still gets his greens daily and is offered the live food. he seems very flat to me i guess its cos he is skinny. he is 14 iches so small for a fully grown bd would this affect his weight and what would a typical 14 inch beardie weight i no they would probally only be around 8 months but i think we have to also bear this in mind.

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well he has completed his meds, he so far hasnt improved on eating habits but im going to follow up the next 2 weeks giving him avipro, his poo is better not 100% but could be the meds also, his behaviour has changed dramatcially, he is sooo active, he runs around like a looney jumping and diving at things he lept out of his cage at cleaning time which was a suprise, i hope this is the start of a healthy beardy!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So, he is done with his meds then, that is great! :blob8:
Hopefully soon, he will begin eating more & his appetite will improve very soon. Is he eating any greens or veggies yet either?
He must be feeling better since he is so active right now. That is great. Let us know if you need anything.
Do you have any new pictures of him?

Tracie

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have a few on my digital camera il have to upload them when im home, he looks better i dont often see him eat so i dont know how much veg he is eating i assume some as his activity levels are high

sidneysix

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
pics uploaded to blog he is much better brilliant apetite and has increased weight, going to add him some new wood and a banboo shelve again after x-mas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom