Positioning of UVB Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finally got Rico's uvb light in his change but I worried it is not in the right spot. I have a 300 gallon breeders tank with a screen top. The light is a Repti-sun 10.0 and is 24" long. I put it in an enclosure and put inside his cage and used super duty double sided hanging tape and put it up at the top of the back glass. It goes about a little less the 3/4 or the tank. Should this be inside the cage or should I put it on top of the cage. I heard that the screen tops filter out a lot of the UVB rays. Thanks for the help.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Could you show us a pic of his enclosure and the way you've mounted it?
I do say that is would be best to not have the screen filtering out the UVB.

300gal WOW! I think I would have went with a MVB.

fishmaster0

Original Poster
LOL Not 300 Gallon sorry 30 gallon 1 to many zeros. I will take pictures tonight and put them up there.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I don't use screens, but if I did I'd make them out of hardware cloth so that it is a wire mesh with large wholes this way the UVB wouldn't be blocked. If it is made out of the screen like on your windows and that blocks UVB then I don't understand why the reptile companies sell them like this. Why don't they just make them out of hardware cloth. :banghead: When I did use screens I had a couple that were made from hardware cloth and they worked great and the cats couldn't destroy them. Zak-n-Wheezies viv has slider screens on top which were made out of a large wire mesh this worked okay too.

I'll check back later for your pic's. :wink:

fishmaster0

Original Poster
Her is the pics the only problem I am having is the sticky tape I have will not hold it there and it keeps falling so how to I secure to the back of the cage.
IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

AndyAMP88

Hatchling Member
You could use large patches of velcro, but depending on the weight of the fixture, it could be too risky. It works well for smaller/lighter lights.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Is there a way you might beable to wire it to the underside of the screen?

Also I think you need to take the cover off of the fixture so the bulb is exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom