Porky pork Porkchop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

I'm a brand new beardie owner. :D My boyfriend has a bearded dragon he rescued from an owner that was keeping him in a tank with a very dominant iguana, but Reznor was always pretty lethargic and I think rather broken from the abuse he suffered from the iguana, so I was never really interested in lizards. But he suggested beardies to me when I was looking into getting a pet of my own and stated that beardeds are the puppies of the lizard world. After seeing babies in the pet store, I was sold!

A lot of research, a trip to Petco for the $1 per gallon sale, and a frenzied incident where my Reptiworms weren't mailed correctly later, I have a little baby named Porkchop. I got him this past Friday and I am already in absolute love. He (or she!) is so precious. I picked him because every time I walked by the tank of babies at the pet store, I would catch him leaning forward to try to keep track of me. He's very active, very curious, and gives me a heart attack every time he leaps off his basking spot to his hammock on the other side of the tank when it's lights out. I am a little nervous about his eating habits (but I'll post about that in the Feeding forum!) but otherwise I think he's doing well.

I had a dog throughout my whole childhood and I never thought I could love a pet you keep in a tank as much as I already love this little guy. I just wanted to join up and thank you guys for being such a great resource and helping me set Porkchop up right. <3

chickenhound

Original Poster
Yup, I have pics! Just a few crappy cell phone pictures for right now, but I'll get some better quality ones in the future!

388605_2496628978437_1334220074_32015770_1994593245_n.jpg

This is right after I got him. The pet store said they were feeding the babies greens every other day and crickets every three. Look how skinny he was! :[

406415_2496633138541_1334220074_32015771_677433025_n.jpg

I believe this is called sexy leg? Heehee... The probe WAS on the log, but he knocked it over.

385897_2499580812231_1334220074_32016851_1157657581_n.jpg

There's a hammock in the tank, and every night at lights out he hops right into it. Adorable. <3

396239_2521939251178_1334220074_32025610_1137232053_n.jpg

Hanging out on my arm. Right after this picture he climbed up onto my shoulder, then onto my back where I couldn't get to him. He eventually hopped off, but he's such a little daredevil!

chickenhound

Original Poster
Yeah, it definitely amazes me that he was so scrawny! He's still little, but he's definitely got a belly on him now. He loves his wormies. :]

Definitely a devil! It's so nerve wracking sitting with him on the couch, because he will either try and leap off of the arms, or climb up my shoulder so he could get to the back of the couch. He's jumped off the arms before when I couldn't grab him in time (it's a low couch so thankfully he's been fine!) but I will die before I don't catch him in time to keep him from jumping off of the back of it--way too high! Annnd he got his foot caught in his hammock last night and was swinging from it before I saved him... aaaand he climbed down from his hammock this morning by wiggling between the glass and the hammock instead of taking the ramp down to the floor. Ugh. This guy worries me to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom