Popping noises when pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku3

Hi all,
I am a little worried about my baby Haku(Ha-Koo). He is 3 years old, 19"(he might be larger have not measured him in a long time), and 630g. Anyways, every time he goes to the bathroom it sounds like his back is cracking (similar to when we 'pop' our knuckles..). It doesn't seem like he is struggling to poop. He goes every other day, poops are normal sized/looking with healthy urates. BUT I've been reading around to see if this is normal but have yet to find anyone whose dragon does the same. I read that popping noises is an early sign of MBD due to misalignment of bones? However, have only read about the popping noises in the jaw..Should I be worried about MBD and increase his calcium? He currently gets 5-7 large, calcium with d3 dusted, dubia roaches 3x a week, liquid vitamins 2x a week and weekends are free from both.

Thanks,
Amber

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Amber....Are you sure it's not simply the noise that is made as the poo is expelled ? The strange noises that critters + humans make from the lower G.I tract ? :shock: It wouldn't be MBD, if his bones were snapping you'd see disfigurement and even in beardies that are severely crippled by MBD there is no popping noise to accompany the symptoms.

Haku3

Original Poster
First of all, thank you for the fast reply AHBD :)

To answer your question, I'm not really sure. To me, it sounds more like popping(like our knuckle pops as previously stated). He usually relieves himself in the bath if that has anything to do with the issue? I will, however, listen more closely to it next time to make sure.

I'm happy to hear that it isn't MBD, he has always made that noise, but when I wanted to know the cause and didn't find that it is normal for other beardies it had me worried sick :( I might just be over worrying, but what can you do haha, I want Haku to live a long happy, healthy life!

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Heh, mine make that noise too. ESPECIALLY Loiosh. It also comes with little bubbles when he's in the bath. I think it's just how they are. I could see why it would be a disconcerting sound. I never thought of it as joints popping, but it really does sound like that. I guess I just always took it for beardie farts. :lol:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Menolly07":7unnjke5 said:
Heh, mine make that noise too. ESPECIALLY Loiosh. It also comes with little bubbles when he's in the bath. I think it's just how they are. I could see why it would be a disconcerting sound. I never thought of it as joints popping, but it really does sound like that. I guess I just always took it for beardie farts. :lol:

they sometimes does silent but deadlies .... can be very stinky.

Haku3

Original Poster
I'm relieved to hear that others make that noise haha. Im probably just over worrying about him and all he's really doing is farting in the bath xD. Haku sometimes makes bubbles in the bath too. Never have experienced a silent but deadly yet though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom