Original Poster
Size dif
null_zpsc6b0a9be.jpg

null_zps546b463b.jpg

Side view
null_zps75fe8ad2.jpg

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
What's on the bottom of the tank? What do you use for UVB?

I still don't see the swollen leg. He looks healthy, not fat...Looks like his body is wider than long, I had a dragon that was like that and just looked fat, but was the same weight as my other longer not wider dragon.

From the top view of both of them, the female looks like she needs to put on a bit of weight, but still looks good.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! It was nice of you to take the dragon to help it out. And WOW, the dragon really IS fat. He's roughly twice the size he should be. And I wonder if the previous owner knew the sex for sure, many owners don't. At any rate, just feed him insects twice a week, and not too many. The amount you've given will be fine, give or take a few, but load him up on good greens. I know if you're in the U.K. that your selection of good greens differs. Rocket [ arugala], dandelion, escarole, turnip , mustard are all good. Can you get a pic of his leg ? He may have gout. A medicine called allopurinol is used for treating it, but needs to be prescribed by a vet. Hopefully you can get his weight down, and sort everything else out. As large as he/she is, it may not have any interest whatsoever in breeding. A good half hour a day of running around for exercise, then an hour once he's used to it may help his weight, but watch that he doesn't fall from any height, it would make his leg worse. I wish you the best with your new critters !

Isleofwightdragon

Original Poster
I thought that bout her she had 18 crickets some salad and wax worm and locuts today and poops twice a day, maybe he is ok then or maybe it's old age? He could be bout 6-7, I think I may be worried bout nothing bout his leg but ill take more pics soon and show you

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Do you mean the thin dragon ? That would be fine for her,she's just a bit thin, but in much better shape than the fat one. Think of human beings, generally thinner people , average weight are much healthier + active, with less chance of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart trouble,joint problems, etc. For the fat dragon, that amount of food would be way too much . It's definitely obese and should be fed much more veg than protein. If you look at his/her chin-beard area, it's very chunky, the tail is extra fat, every part of his body has excess fat. So just go easy on the feeders + get some exercise, but it takes a while for beardies to lose that much weight.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I should add that 18 crickets is quite a lot if she's not used to that many, so it would depend if they were medium or large, same with the locusts. It's always best to start out slow with a new dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom