Poor Copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoppersMomma

Hatchling Member
My oldest, Copper, will be 2 this August. He is sweet and lovable, and quite the ladies man, lol with 4 females what's he got to lose!

However, this is starting to take a toll on the poor guy. He tries to mate with practically everything...from my son's slipper, my mitten (as this started this winter), to my boyfriend's son's socked foot, and even a rock that we have laying out by the sliding door as a spot for the dragons to relax and sun... :roll:

We just don't know what to do...the poor boy! My boyfriend said we should try to stud him out, however, I have no clue what his bloodlines are. He got Copper for me from Petco, so who knows.

We do eventually want to breed, however, we don't have the funding or facilities for it as of now, and don't have the heart to discard the eggs if we did allow breeding...

Any advice/suggestions would be great! Thanks

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he able to see the females from his tank or when they are out running around? If so, I would make some changes so he can't see them as that is only adding to his stress.

CoppersMomma

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's only when he's running around (outside his tank) I've taken every precaution to ensure that no one can view another from their tanks...The only time any of them see the others is when it's their time to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom