Pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Hey guys I’ve noticed a lot of people who have trouble with their beardies not pooping (myself included) so I thought I would explain a few ways to help them poop.
1) your beardie may just not need to poop. If it is pooping 1 or 2 times per week it should be ok.
2) if you are worried about your beardie don’t waste time waiting around for answers on the forum get your beardie to a Reptile vet ASAP.
3) if you aren’t worried about your beardie other then them not pooping you can do a couple of things. You can soak them in warm (NOT hot) water for 15-20 minutes while gently massaging their belly and
4) you can give your beardie some ice burg lettuce to eat. This acts just like a laxative. Just make sure to open a window because their poo will be stinky. DISCLAIMER: ice burg lettuce has NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE and should NOT be fed REGULARLY. However a bowl of ice burg lettuce a few times a month won’t hurt your beardie.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I hoped this helps. If you have any questions/comments feel free to let me know but PLEASE don’t tell me not to feed iceburg lettuce I know not to unless my beardie needs to poop.
-Quinn

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes offering a few drops of olive oil on their nose to lick up helps. Baby food prunes and baby food pumpkin have also been known to help. Enemas can be quite dangerous and should be avoided.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
An enema is injection of fluid into the vent to try and initiate a poop. I have read several reports of dragons dying after this procedure so in my opinion it should be avoided. Using a bit of oil and some baby food as well as oral hydration is the safer way to go and is usually effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom