Pooping too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter is 5 months, 20 days old. He is about 15 inches long nose tip to tail and 177g. I noticed today he pooped a lot. There were 3 poos in the cage all normal looking and then he pooped in his bath this evening. There were some undigested cricket parts mainly the head of the crickets and some veggie material. He usually poops twice daily. Poops look normal formed log shaped. Usually the morning poop is a little softer and smells a little bad. I started to only dust the crickets in the mornings with the multivitamin just this week because I read on the beautiful dragon website to do the multivitamin 4 to 5 times a week if under a year old and calcium daily. I used to dust with the calcium every day for each feeding. But then I read on here somewhere that you should only dust the morning feeding. I feed him twice daily and I feed him as much as he wants in 10mins but sometimes I have to cut him off cause he seems to gorge himself sometimes. He will take in 4 medium to lg crickets in his mouth at once sometimes :shock: Lately If I am out of the house for most of the day before I leave I leave about 10-15 crickets in his bowl for him to nosh on until I get home in the evening and then feed him again. I have had to do this recently because I'm in the middle of a job search. Is he just eating too much? He always seems hungry but hes not a skinny boy at all. Hes kind of a fatty. Tail is nice and fat not thin. I'm gonna change his UV soon because someone gave me the cage with all the lights and everything when I got him and I'm not sure how old the UV bulb is. Its a reptisun 10.0 and its in a fixture with the two 60wt bulbs for heating. I don't have the dome type heating fixtures. His temps are usually around 105-110 on the hot side and then 85 on the cool side. He usually sits right under the basking area first thing in the morning to heat up and then eats breakfast basks and then He moves farther away from the basking area but hes kind of still in the area but not directly under it. He loves his cactus log and will sit perched there most of the day. He has done this behavior ever since I first got him. He also seems slightly darker when he moves away from the direct basking spot. But when I take him out for play time he is his normal colorful self. Its hard to get him to eat veggies but he is slowly starting to eat some. I usually just give him veggies early in the morning and he will poo and then eat a little veggies and then bask and then about an hour or two I feed the crickets. I usually feed him shredded yellow squash with some collard greens or turnip greens and a snow pea chopped up and sometimes a cooked green bean. He only eats a few bites but I leave veggies in all day. I bathe him twice a week. Every other day if shedding. He just finished a long awaited full body shed about 2 weeks ago. Now his tail is about to shed. I noticed today its grey. Lights are on around 8-9ish in the morning and bed time at 9PM. I used to get up earlier but my sleep schedule has been a little off. I used to be a critical care vet tech and worked nights. But quit recently so it has taken a while to get back to normal. He seems active and alert. Appetite is great almost too great. I try to take him out and let him roam in a room in the house once a day at least a few times a week. Am I just over reacting? heres a pic of my boy just to show you he seems to look normal.

WP_000107.jpg

Heres where he sits most of the day. As you can see he is not directly under the light. The basking bulbs are are in the light fixture with the UV tube.
WP_000120.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
There is nothing wrong with pooing a lot. It's healthier to be pooing a lot than it is to be keeping it inside.

He looks very healthy, you have nothing to worry about.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EternalAzhrei
Top Bottom