Pooping issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Hey all,

My beardie is about 3 yrs old and is currently going thru the phases of shedding. He is about to shed several spots again. I have him trained to go in the bath however he has not gone in over two weeks. He is still active and eating. All he has been eating is his vegs and a bearded dragon pellet food. I usually feed supers but havent since this pooping issue. He has no discoloration or signs of distress. My question is why is he not pooping. I have bathed him like 5 days in a row and nothing. I tried massaging as well. Can this be due to the shedding and is this a reason to worry? Thanks for any advice

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Mike,

It is possibly caused by the shed, but 2 weeks is a long time to go without pooing either way.
Is he eating a decently large amount of salad?

What is his basking SURFACE temperature? Hot side and cool side temps?

-Brandon

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Basking surface is between 100 and 105 depending on the day. I live in pennsylvania so it has been very hot. It is puzzling tho bc it cant be any type of impaction either. And he has been eating small amounts of his salad not the entire bowl.

mikem83

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I finally got him to go!! It took about 5 straight days of baths. Today i gave him some olive oil and extended massage and i got it out. Whew. I was really nervous. Thanks brandon for your reply!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hey Mike,

That is great news. Hopefully he will continue to be at least semi regular. They do slow down a bit at his age, but two weeks, that can't really be fun haha.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom