Pooping in the same spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leolizard

Okay so when i bought my beardie it came with a food dish. Now everytime i fill the food dish up (every morning) my beardie will poop around it. I put the dish in the same spot but i'm afraid that if i move the dish it wont poop! So is it normal for a beardie to poop in the same spot? Thanx :D
-Sydney

icegem82

hi there
i believe it is norm for them to go to toilet in same spot, ive had a few different lizards and they all have a loo area lol as funny as it seems. dragons can go for few days without going to the toilet so move the bowl and see how you get on, the last thing you want is poo's in with food!
i wouldnt worry just yet,
x

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
My older ones won't poop in their viv. But, the baby one will poop anywhere! lol He will poop near the food, on his food, in his water dish...it doesn't matter to him. :lol:

brandice

I would move it. It isn't bad to move things around. Most beardie parents find rearranging their vivs very rewarding. Some dragons will go through a bit of relocation stress if you rearrange major parts of the viv but at most he wouldn't eat for few days to a week. Sometimes change is good. Especially if it means no poo in the food dish! My dragon poos in the same spot every time no matter what I put there lol

definitions

Juvie Member
My baby beardie poops where ever it damn well pleases lol.. Basking spot, food dish , water bowl, mini bath tub . You name it he poops on it ..

icegem82

where abouts in your tank is your food bowl, ??

i also agree, moving things around shouldnt be too harmfull, i no moving house can stress them out for a few days but other than that the little things shouldnt matter,
ive moved my logs around a few time just to get it right for both me and diesel and she seems to cope well.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom