Pooping in Sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
So Ryuk has recently be using the bathroom in his sleep? He also is sleeping a lot more than normal. He is too young for brumation? He is spending a lot of time in a little cave on the cool side of his tank and sleeping all day. I wake him up in the morning, then by the evening after school he has crawled in his cave and gone back to sleep?.. he also has pooped in his sleep the last two nights. Is he getting sick? He is still eating fine, and his color is perfectly fine, when I take him out to play he seems pretty normal just with less energy. He has sat still on my lap the whole time its taken me to write this... unusual for how emergetic he normally is..

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a bit unusual. Perhaps he's waking up in the middle of the night and goes then. I'd keep an eye out for other abnormal behavior or weight loss. The sleepiness may just be the season. He's younger than a year old, right? A bit too young for a brumation but it's not unheard of for them to go through a slowdown even at a young age. If he's eating normally and not showing signs of distress then he's probably OK.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I agree that this is unusual behavior. For now take the cave out and observe him as much as you can. Sick beardies will often hide so you want to rule that out. How big is Ryuk ? I think he's about 6-7 months ? What are the exact temps. in the tank and which lights do you have, esp. the uvb and how old is the uvb ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom