Pooping every third day...ALOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomper1218

As the topic says my chomper poops every third day but there is a very large amount of it. She is 6 months old and about 17". I have repti-sun 10.0 that she can within 6" of and she eats about 20-40 crickets a day as well as greens. I fear this is not normal and she may have a partial impaction. She is actve, alert and barely displays "stress marks" on her chin. Any feedback is appreciated.

Backlash

Hatchling Member
From what i have heard, larger beardies tend to not go everyday and some will go every couple days or so. More or less its because theres more room to hold in the waste than a smaller beardie. My little girl goes once a day and its usually a pretty good ammount too, but shes only around 12 inches give or take. Also if you are using sand as a substrate, try checking the poo to see if theres any sand in it. If you have not already, try and give her a warm bath everyday and massage her stomach, if there is a slight impaction that should help to dislodge and break it up.

Chomper1218

Original Poster
squral I use ceramic tiles. And she gets baths just not daily. Maybe this week I will give her one daily and see if anything canges. Thank you for the prompt responses :D

FaaFaa

Sub-Adult Member
If it makes you feel any better I have a little girl that doesn't poo everyday either. Everyone's body is different, this could just be her normal. I don't think that I would get too concerned. Could you describe what her poo looks like? The urates? That would help anyone on here that reads this to have a better idea of what is going on. Even better would be a poo pic! (I can't believe I just said that, but it is true!)

Jen

Chomper1218

Original Poster
Crickets are here staple and gets a mix of greens (Usually collard, mustard, dandelion, and the occasional fruits). As for her poo, there is nothing that seems abnormal about it. Thanks again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom