Pooping bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if this is the place to post this in but a while ago I started putting my bearded dragon in the bath for I tiny bit each morning to make sure she pooped and after doing this multiple times she began to poop 5 sec after entering bath, now she rarely poops in her cage, she will poop in the cage if she can’t hold it but she usually goes in the bath each morning and don’t worry the bath is very quick. Has anyone else trained there bearded dragon to do this because it’s good because I just flush poop down the drain and I don’t have to pick up out of her cage.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep. That's a great way to help train them. You may be able to take it a step further eventually (if she likes baths go ahead and keep offering them) by taking her out onto an easy to clean floor surface and keeping her in that room until she goes. It becomes a routine and time of day thing. I put a basking light in my kitchen and bring my guy out for basking time and breakfast while I get ready in the mornings and he goes and then is free to roam the house. They do tend to learn by routine so try to build a routine that works for both of you.

KiwidaBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Yeah that sounds great, and I really wasn’t trying to train kiwi ?. She just started to get into the habit of it so now every day In the morning short bath to poop then food!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
CooperDragon":4jxq0rgs said:
Yep. That's a great way to help train them. You may be able to take it a step further eventually (if she likes baths go ahead and keep offering them) by taking her out onto an easy to clean floor surface and keeping her in that room until she goes. It becomes a routine and time of day thing. I put a basking light in my kitchen and bring my guy out for basking time and breakfast while I get ready in the mornings and he goes and then is free to roam the house. They do tend to learn by routine so try to build a routine that works for both of you.
So does he poo every day then?
Can you come over and train my 5 too? Are you expensive? :lol:

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Quite expensive. He doesn't poop every day (younger dragons might as you know). Usually if he hasn't gone within the first hour so (after I've eaten and enjoyed a coffee) he gets free. Sometimes he will spite poop later on somewhere else but that doesn't happen too frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom