Poop to vet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

My beardie- Benny Goodman, has decided to stop eating. I will be taking him to the vet on friday or saturday(depending on when I can get in). My question is how long can I store(and how) the poop. He just pooped sunday during his bath and I put it in the freezer(I hope that is ok he isn't pooping much...no eating). I have read others situations and will try some of the "helps" I have read but HI HO HI HO Its off to vet I go.....

Thanks

Buddylee79

p.s. Benny thanks you too!!!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Buddy, if you can't get any more fresher, then that will have to do. Usually you want poo that is less than 48 hours old.
About freezing, I am not sure, though someone is certain to let you know.

Hope that he feels better soon !
Janie.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Freezing will kill off the parasites the vet would be looking for. The fresher the better. Have your ziplock ready thurs night or fri before you go.

buddylee79

Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":b79d6 said:
Freezing will kill off the parasites the vet would be looking for. The fresher the better. Have your ziplock ready thurs night or fri before you go.
Thanks TheWolfmanTom, the only problem is he isn't eating so he isn't pooping,however, I will have a ziplok at the ready. 10:15am saturday is the appointment so lets all hope things go well.

buddylee79

buddylee79

Original Poster
Well good news...(hopefully) Benny ate some crickets last night ,which is strange sense we've gotten roaches he hasn't touched crickets, and has given me a fresh poop right before I'm leaving to the vet...hooray. I will let you all know how it goes...If it takes a few days to post I'm kinda busy between work, apprenticeship , 7 species of roaches, two ball pythons, two cats, a crayfish, Benny, and a girlfriend...

Buddylee79

buddylee79

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

Well I feel relieved and stupid all at the same time. Benny does have a parisite(cant remember the name), but the vet said no big deal and he is on meds. The lack of eating was caused by a brief encounter with a female. Sense the removal of the female he stopped eating and I never put two and two together. The vet believed he is in "breeding mode" and not worring about eating and he should be just fine. Other than that she(the vet)says he is beautiful, healthy and BIG....

Thanks again for help and advice.

Buddylee79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom