Poop on the damn glass!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakey90

Need some advice. I line the bottom of my beardies viv with paper towels for convienance. When I see a poo, I replace the towel its on. Well thats the plan anyway, but leo has a habit of ripping up the paper towels and poopin on the glass. Then it dries and is a pain to clean! Anyone have any tips? Like sand bedding (heard impaction can occur) or any other easy to clean bedding?
Shakey

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Tile or non adhesive shelf liner,Tile you can take a wet paper towel and spot clean,disnifect 1 time weekly.Shelf liner,cut 2 pieces to fit the viv,wipe,spot clean as needed,when you go to disinfect,take one piece out to be scrubbed and disinfected and dried,put in another and switch them out,maybe different designs.

Do you have a "stone scrapper" like you use to clean up baking stones from Pampered Chef? I have several and keep some solely for cleaning "yucky stuff" that my 2 legged kids drag in on my tile floor. Truly my "go to" for scraping anything. If you don't have any handy or don't know anyone with Pampered Chef, I'm pretty sure Bed, Bath & Beyond carry something comparable. Here is what they look like:

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=241&categoryCode=FH

Disclaimer: I am NO way affiliated with Pampered Chef, just a fan of this simple little tool.

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
Train the dragon to poop in the bath, I haven't had to clean any in at least 2 weeks :) Just gets sucked down the drain!

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Hes telling you that you are his slave :lol: now clean that up :lol: lol..... The tile works very good and so does pooping in the tub!! Good luck :D

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Tiles absorb heat pretty well.

You might also wanto keep some unscented, alcohol-free baby wipes around. Those should wipe the poo of off the glass pretty easy. I have containers of them everywhere! You never know where a clean-up will be needed.

samleo

Hi I am not sure where you live but I live in Virginia beach and I have two adults and seven babies anyways I get my litter from a pet store close by. It is made by a guy who has beard dragons.. It is grey and light in weight. It does not stain their feet and the poo cleans up very nicely with the litter.

hammerhead

Juvie Member
I cut carpet to size, have a few to rotate. When they do poop I scrape with a paint scraper, wipe stain with a wet paper towel. Every week I clean the whole enclosure, swap the carpet.

Shakey90

Original Poster
Ha I live in Ireland..Ya I used the baby wipes and they work pretty good. Is sand okay at her age? She is around 8 months

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Shakey90":71ad5 said:
Is sand okay at her age? She is around 8 months
8 months is still kind of young to chance impaction due to sand. If you want to use sand it is recommended to wait until your dragon is at least 1 to 1 1/2 years of age. They still lick things but they tend to be slower about it. Babies and juveniles are just naturally curious and well "licky" so the sand may inevitably end up in their little tummies somehow.

Of course the ultimate decision is yours.. if you do go the sand route, I strongly recommend diligence on your part when it comes to making sure the poop is cleaned out and that your dragon poops regularly.

Shakey90

Original Poster
Ya thanks for the advice. I dont think ill chance it now. She is big but still licks everything. I clean the poop as soon as it hits the floor anyway haha. Never leave any in with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom