Poop blow out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, not sure I should be here. I went to check on my beardie just now, and there was poop everywhere. It looked mostly like superworm chitin, but I have fed her superworms for a long time and nothing like this has ever happened. The beardie queen is fine and is chilling out on the log, but still, its kind on frightening. Should I stop feeding her supers?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like it may have been building up for a while. The chitin can sometimes be difficult to digest. I would cut back on the supers at least for a little while and offer some softer foods to go easy on her system. If she's acting OK, then perhaps it was just a one off issue.

dragonlover4774

Original Poster
Thanks, I was super worried (no pun intended). Maybe hornworms? I know mulberry farms is out of silkworms because I checked this morning. What about great lakes hornworms?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hornworms are good for hydration but I wouldn't use them as a main feeder. I picked up some silkworms this week from lindasgonebuggie. Butterworms may be a good option as well. Maybe some soft fruits and veggies in a salad mix.

AriCanFly

I agree with CooperDragon. Lay off on the super worms for about a week I suggest. You can order online phoenix worms which are more healthy for your beardie. Have you been feeding meal worms to him/her? And if it is slimy or watery you should get a vet. I recommend more salads :D Oh and my beardie likes squash so try that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom