Ponazuril dosage question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I've had Ham for about 2 months now and he 's had a bad bout of coccidia since I got him. He was first prescribed .01 mL of Albon for a 3 day period. This didn't get rid of the parasites. Now he's been on 1mL of Ponazuril a day for the past 3 days and is supposed to stay on for another 25. However, his stool has only gotten more runny in the past 3 days and today there were whole worms in it. I'm also concerned that the 1mL a day is too much for him because I read on here that a 285 g dragon was only on .02 mL. He is 107 g now. Anyone who has had experience with coccidia and Ponazuril, I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Cassandra

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Darn I used toltrazuril. I thought I used the one you did. Well mine says that a sardine your size should have 1.1ml. But that doesn't mean anything because they are 2 different meds. Sorry :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom