plz someone respond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smid

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone, not sure if I'm being over paranoid or not. Smid! completed his first brumation (didn't really sleep or eat but didn't lose any weight) this winter and he is much more active, constantly running from one end of the cage to the other. But, he still isn't eating (I can trick him every once in a while to take some collards - but he turns his head away from his supers and butters - which he used to attack!). Also, due to the lack of eating I imagine he isn't having regular movements - he gets a bath every second day where I drip water on his nose and he drinks some of it.
His temps are ~104 and ~82ish
Has a Megaray (bought in October, but not installed until Jan. - so it should still be good - he does bask there more now after his weak attempt at brumation).
He is in a 4x2x1.5 enclosure - tile floor (nicer than my laminate) and his basking spot is only raised an inch off the floor so he is the correct distance from the megaray. hmm what else, he is on liquid calcium and once a week i coat some collards in vitamin powder.

Why isn't he eating? I've got some silkworms and phoenix worms on order - i really don't want to go back to crickets but???

Liz

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Sorry to hear he is having issues eating,just to be safe can you tell me what series # is stamped on the Megaray bulb? I just want to make sure it wasnt on of the problem ones.How old is he?

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He turned 2 in January - I'm at my bf's for the night - but will check the batch number tomorrow first thing. He did eat some silk worms yesterday (2 and small ones at that) and some cactus pear - had the nice 'lipstick' on. But he isn't really eating - the only thing he eats without a thought is his calcium drop - oh and I got him to eat some applesauce yesterday and the day before - but not much.

Thanks

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
For batch # it is either 11 or II. That is the only markings other than the stamp with the lights name.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Smid sounds like my Emmalee, and I hope someone can answer this too.

Emmalee last ate normally in early November, she was eating about 2-12 feeders a day, and then gradually got lower until December 19th when she ate 1 super and had nothing else until February 3rd when she had a bit of strawberry. I started to assist feed her in mid February due to a 23 gram weight loss. She ate the slurry well, but ate a wild pill bug (bad girl) on her own finally on April 17th. I stopped feeding slurry on the 18th when I realized she finally remembered the process of eating. That week I must say she ate very well. I had her outside in the sun and I thought she was finally back. Well the weather has taken a turn and she has not eaten a thing again for the last 6 days.

She was diagnosed with protozoa and was put on Metrodinazole, twice, and I heard that can disrupt their system, so have tried soy yogurt in an attempt to get her appetite back. That does not seem to be working either.

I, like, you have tried everything, shoving collard in, with some luck, supers, crickets, waxies, squash, bearded dragon pellets, and nothing, she will not take a thing. I am at a loss, cause the uv light is only 1 month old as well, it seem the only thing that helped was the natural sunlight, but this is getting ridiculous.

So I am with you, and I hope someone has an answer for us!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Smid":20mqrxl0 said:
For batch # it is either 11 or II. That is the only markings other than the stamp with the lights name.
It is a letter and a number so I(eye)1 correct?

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, it would be I 1 then.

Sorry to hear that Emmalee is going through the same thing. I thought he ate today - but he had just knocked over his dish and emptied all the worms out and then put the dish back upright. Sneaky bugger. He has lost a bit of weight since he woke up 15g or so (he now weighs 595g - he had a bit to lose but not like this) since he has become more alert since his semi brumation. Oh yeah he also had a massive poo on Sunday - massive!! :shock: :shock:
Liz

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Smid":p2ko7ysu said:
Yes, it would be I 1 then.

Sorry to hear that Emmalee is going through the same thing. I thought he ate today - but he had just knocked over his dish and emptied all the worms out and then put the dish back upright. Sneaky bugger. He has lost a bit of weight since he woke up 15g or so (he now weighs 595g - he had a bit to lose but not like this) since he has become more alert since his semi brumation. Oh yeah he also had a massive poo on Sunday - massive!! :shock: :shock:
Liz
Ok then the bulb should be fine.They did not start having issues with them until L1.It sounds like you have a little smartie pants on your hands!So he has lost weight? It may be a good idea to start feeding baby food daily to him as well as get him either some jumpstart or repta-aid critical care formula to try to jumo start his appetite.Did we already discuss temps? Good that he had a good poop, did it look normal?

sk1tzo

Hatchling Member
You could also try Hornworms, my beardie loves them. She wasn't eating before either but she RUNS for these guys, sometimes I can't even dunk them in calcium dust before she grabs it! I suggest letting them grow a little or else it is really expensive. Right now, she about 13.5 inches and she eats 2, 4 inch worms a day. I even offer her more but she refuses, that lil belly is full! :) Also they have a bright light blueish color that entices the beardies. :mrgreen:

http://www.greatlakeshornworms.com

Rob is great, he is the only supplier for my supers and horns

:blob8: for hornworms!

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I'll search out some repta-aid or jump start this morning and some nice organic chicken baby food. The poop looked normal, just giant.

His temps are good - measured with a digital thermo with a probe (104 and 81).

I hope this works.

Liz

Smid

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, I fed him some rept-aid - that stuff is messy! He ate a lot of it (thankfully I did this in the tub so less cleaning up to do after). The next day he ate 3 silk worms and some collards. Going to give him a bath and some more rept-aid and some turkey baby food - we'll see how that goes.

Happy mother's days to all the mom's out there.

Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom