Please tell me which is better asap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
I have a 5 month old, Nemesis. He is in a mesh tank so the heat isn't kept in as well as inside of a glass one. I have temped his basking spot at 115 F with a zoo med 150 watt, and 98 F with a Zilla 100 watt. Which is best for him? I would appreciate an educated answer soon so I can return one of the bulbs and see that he is properly heated. Thanks much!

The light is 12 inches away from him.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Best thing to do is get a 40 gallon breeder tank with a 100W on top of the screen. However I would say the hotter bulb and just play with it and see if you can get the temps down a bit. They need to be warmer then cold. Or you could cover the sides up with Plexiglas and try the smaller bulb. Its a 50/50. Hope this helps....

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I really can't afford another tank though and he loves this one so much because he can climb all over it. I'm just worried that 115 F might be too hot. I'm gonna play with it and move things around. Any more suggestions or ideas are very welcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom