Please say a prayer for my girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Holly, I am so terribly sorry. I just read your post from yesterday as I didn't have electricity until today.
I could actually visualize you putting her back in her tank with your heart aching so badly, I put myself in your place and it really is very painful and it made the tears flow. :cry: I'm sure she was giving you a final hug and telling you how much she loved you and also letting you know that you were doing the right thing. Perhaps this poem will help a little. We are always here for you if you want to talk.

Rainbow Bridge
bridge.jpg

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Tatty

Juvie Member
Holly:

I am sorry to hear of your loss. Part of loving something is loving it enough to let it go free. Dex is now free. No more pain and sickness. She has received the ultimate healing and has certainly crossed that beloved rainbow bridge. I have a few beloved beardies across the rainbow bridge myself.

Tatty

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Holly,

I am so sorry for your loss.I know Dex meant the world to you but you did the right thing by Dex.Thats what makes you such a wonderful beardie mom.You did what was best despite how it made you feel.My hope for you is that one day you will be able to think of Dex not with tears in your eyes but with joy in your heart.All of those special moments you had with her are treasures that she gave you and that you will be able to hold onto forever.Rest assured that last evening you had with her was something special and I think in her own way she was giving you her approval.My heart is breaking for you now but I hope someday in the future I will be able to feel joy for you when you open your heart again to another tiny soul.

Peace and Love,
Vicky

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Oh I am so sorry for your loss, and I'm very heartbroken for how you must feel today.........please know you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I am so grateful for your last night together..........thank-you for sharing..........even though it was hard to read. :cry:

You have done the right thing.........blessings to you and being such a good beardie mom!!!!!!!!!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank you all.
I really cannot express how much your words of comfort and compassion have helped me deal with my grief.
You are such wonderful people.
Without this website I would not have had the strength or the knowledge to rescue Dexter and keep her happy for so long.
I owe you all so much.

Ive made a memorial for my girl:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=95027

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Holly

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Holly,
What a beautiful memorial of Dexter, We are all praying for you during this time. You gave life to a little girl who had none, and she loved you for it!!!!!!!!!!!
Christine

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I just read your memorial to Dex. I so wish she was still with you, but, as I said before, it will be easier on you the way you did it then to watch her die before your eyes. I had to do that with one of my first two and it wasn't easy, but we had hope she would be o.k. But she wasn't and her death affected her best friend, out other first beardie, she died just short of 2 months later.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Oh my gosh, I just read this post, I had no idea Dex was still sick! O I don't know what to say, this made me cry. :cry:
I hope everytihng gets better soon.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Holly,

Again, I really admire your courage throughout this entire ordeal and still feel that you made the best choice for Dex. I had been avoiding coming back to read this thread after reading about your last night with Dex, as one beardie mother to another, it hurt to conceptualize how difficult it must have been for you. So much so that it brought more than a few tears into my eyes. However, coming back now, and reading your memorial, really inspired me. Your memorial was beautiful and spiritually uplifting. I truly had to chuckle when I read about Dex running up to grab your neck to claim you as hers when your bf came around lol. Again, PM me if you need to talk. On behalf of Kwayze, Weaver, Lucky, and my entire animal family, our deepest condolences go out to you and your Dex. RIP Dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom