PLEASE Respond - important question about Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

c4chaos

Hatchling Member
Concern regarding Dubia

Postby c4chaos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 pm
I'm leaving my apartment for almost a week because of Thanksgiving break. The thermostat for the apartment is set to 69 degrees. I know the temp is going to drop a little at night.
I'm taking my reptiles with me, but I'm not sure if I should leave or take my dubia with me.... :-/
I just started my colony and haven't been feeding any off to my dragon. So, I don't really need them where I'm going because I'm getting crickets for the week.
The dubia are in a 22 gallon bin with a UTH placed on the side of the bin. (I was paranoid about the possibility of burning the carpet so that's why it's on the side.) I know they need the heat to breed, but is it really safe to leave the UTH on while I'm not there?
My concern is that it's going to start a fire or melt the plastic....
Advice would be greatly appreciated.

YBS0502

Hatchling Member
If you can move the bin up to a table or something to get it off the carpet and or put the uth on a timer for the evening hours

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
My dubia have been in my garage.. with their UTH on the side of their house.. and a walgreens heating pad under them. Both stay on all day all night wether I am home or not. I can uderstand your concern since you wont be there everyday.. but the only way they can do any harm is if they malfunction. Do you have anyone that can check in every day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom