Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh I wasn't aware of the temp in England.

Um.. hmm.. that adds a complication lol. Because if it is cold, and his tank isn't warm enough, he won't be able to heat back up. Maybe it will be best to just leave him inside until the weather warms up lol.

-Brandon

utd007

Original Poster
Aha yeah thats what I was thinking lol.

I'm going to try and borrow a digital thermometer from work on saturday, and hopefully get a reading then.

I will let you know what I find, but you think he should be ok if he's regularly fed, bathed, watered and checked?

Cheers, :)

utd007

Original Poster
Hi there !

Recieved the thermometer, the temperatures are as follows :

Basking- 97.7
Warm area - 87.9
Cool Area - 85

( I know not great for the cool area ! )

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Ben.

Those are actually OK temperatures. It's good that you know for sure now what they are.

How is the uvb bulb buying going? I forgot that you were in England, in the UK there is actually another uvb bulb that is good that isn't available in the states, called the Arcadia 12%. If you could find that bulb where you live it would be better than the reptisun, which is the best uvb bulb we have available in the US.

-Brandon

utd007

Original Poster
This is the bulb i have at the moment :

utd007

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thats your uvb bulb?

IF so, you will need to change it to the reptisun 10.0 fluorescent tube or the Arcadia 12% fluorescent tube.
Unfortunatly, Coil uvb bulbs are not good.

-Brandon

utd007

Original Poster
Yeah thats the UVB.

And okidoki, i'll be getting paid next weekend so will replace the UVB then, will that be ok?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes sir. (or ma'am sorry lol)

I don't remember if I mentioned it, but if its warm enough out, you might want to take your dragon out for some natural sunlight each day too.

-Brandon

utd007

Original Poster
Haha it's a sir :wink:

And it'll be about 66 degrees tomorrow (UK weather is unpredictable lol), think that'd be warm enough for 10 minutes?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh I'm a dunce. I knew your name was Ben why did I wonder about your gender lol...

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheekypotato
Top Bottom