Please HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bplakers

Hatchling Member
My bearded dragon vomited about a week and half ago and she hasn't really ate much of anything since. She has only ate one cricket and had a couple pieces of greens in this time. She is losing weight and seems to be less active. Her stools have been runny also. Anyone has any info that could help my dragon please let me know. thank you
How old is your dragon?
5 months
How long have you had your dragon?
3 months
How long is your dragon?
12 inch
What is the sex of your dragon?
female
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
4x2x2 foot
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
sand
Do you use UVB lights?yes
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? coil & tube
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?wait till lights go out to put that
How old is your UVB bulb? 3 months
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?10-12 inches
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? yes 90
What are the basking temps? 110
What is the cool side temp?75-80
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?digital
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?110.2
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?no
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
crickets everyday mixed vegetalbles (peas green beans corn carrots) or collard/mustard greens are offered everyday. Cricket are gutloaded and dusted 4 times a week. Waxworms as a treat maybe once or twice a week.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? in morning and afternoon
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?yes
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? i have dragon dust vgf formula, bearded dragon calcium puls both by t-rex, andrep-cal phosphorous free calcium with vit. d3 orignal powder and fine. 4 times a week
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?yes but very little soft ones
Do you bath your dragon? How often?yes 2-3 times a week
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?yes both
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?no
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?no there is no vet around where i live that works on reptiles

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
If you could answer these questions it would help us a lot!

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

bplakers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
there is no vet around here that see reptiles. i live n a small town in iowa. is there anything that i could give her as if she has paracites that wouldn't hurt her?

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Usually dog and cat vets can diagnose parasites and then you can give us the count and someone should be able to get you hooked up with the right medicine and dosage. I would recommend you take the sand out as this can be a breeding ground for parasites. You mention that you have a coil UVB bulb? The coil bulbs often cause eye problems. What brand is the tube bulb you have? You should only need 1 UVB light, not 2.

bplakers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
the tube ones i have are just grow lamps i dont know if they actually have uvb n em or not im pretty sure they dont i just put them in there because its a big cage and needed more light. exo-terra repti glow 10.0. and when i said coil it looks like the energy efficent bulbs if thats what a coil bulb is.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Yes, that is a coil and unfortunately that bulb has caused numerous problems. I would highly recommend you change it out for the reptiSUN 10.0

bplakers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she just ate a piece of corn and a piece of green bean but there was crickets in there eating on veggies and she didnt even seem interested in them at all. just by changing type of light would make a differnce i dont see why they sell stuff thats gona hurt them.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Yes just changing lights can make a big difference. It is frustrating to many of us that there are dangerous products on the market.

bplakers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
can that vary from dragon to dragon because my other one has same light and he doesnt seem to be having any problems. ima try to find somewhere to take one of her stools tomorrow and see if any stores around here have that brand of light if not order it off internet.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Well it can very from dragon to dragon, but be aware your other one may not be getting enough UVB which can lead to long-term problems. www.petmountain.com has a great price on the reptisun 10.0. Make sure it is a long tube and not a coil.

bplakers

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Shes doing fine now the past couple days shes been eating her lil butt off and i didnt change anything. i wonder if she had some type of a dragon flu bug or something? idk. I read that after they puke sometime they wont eat for awhile because it takes them time to get fluids built back up in stomach. Thanks for all advice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom