please HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dragon a year of age is has not went to the bathroom in around over 10 days and she is constantly trying and nothing will come out! i have soaked her repeatedly and she trys and is pushing so hard flexing her stomach so tight i try to rub her stomach and after she will try again! when she is pushing she looks like she is in alot of pain PLEASE help me i am stressing out and dont know what to do!!!! when i looked under her bottom it looked stressed from all of the pushing and her stomach fells bloated! Please help me!!!!!!

NondoMateo

Original Poster
i have massaged her belly multiply times while soaking her in warm water and when i dose she waits then pushes right after but no luck! i keep her in sand....

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
What kind of sand do you keep her on? Calcisand? There's the great possibility she is seriously impacted with sand. You need to take her to a vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, she will need to see a vet, she is badly impacted & as hard as she is pushing she is going to prolapse.
What you can try in the meantime is to feed her sugar free applesauce, canned pumpkin & squash babyfood, with a couple of drops of olive oil or mineral oil daily along with baths & little tummy massages. Extra oral fluids will help as well.
Keep her a little warmer at night, around 80 or so to help her body metabolize things better & possibly pass anything through more efficiently.

Tracie

NondoMateo

Original Poster
so after a few hours of massaging her tummy and soaking and a little laxative later she went to the bathroom HUGE...does she still need to go to the vet?

Bellalee

Juvie Member
And I guess I'll say it, you probably should take it off the sand asap, as there stomach (also leopard geckos) can not digest the sand, ie. as you have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom