Please help. Why is she doing this.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Hey yall, So mollie is currently shedding so idk if this js shedding behavior but she is going crazyyy, shes like banging her head against the glass and digging in the corners by the glass like shes trying to dig her way out but once i let her out shes totally fine. Shes just beating her head. Ive tried cleaning my room just in case it was something she saw lol. All my temps are right, theyre normal and havent changed, i use a digital probe thermomeater but shes doing nuts. Ive never seen her do this like shes also scratching on the sides of her terr to get out like i feel like this is more than glass surfing but she has no stress marks on her belly like i have no idea whats going on.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
welcome to the spring zoomies!
idek what to dooo anymore, when i let her out shes still cra cra, not as bad but shes running all over the room jumping on things etc like theres no winning w her right now😭 shes just chilling on my SAT study book but here in 5 seconds shell be up and runnin again qnd shes decided that its fun to poop on my blankets instead of her puppy pads anymore

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
all ya can do is wait it out. sir henry usually only does it for a couple weeks then goes back to chilling out. right now he's crazy like that to get out, then when he's sitting in his window, he's crazy like that to go outside. sorry little dude, not nearly warm enough out there for you yet.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
all ya can do is wait it out. sir henry usually only does it for a couple weeks then goes back to chilling out. right now he's crazy like that to get out, then when he's sitting in his window, he's crazy like that to go outside. sorry little dude, not nearly warm enough out there for you yet.
may i ask how you take them outside? like what if theres something in my grass or ants or yk? and do yu keep them on a little leash?

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
may i ask how you take them outside? like what if theres something in my grass or ants or yk? and do yu keep them on a little leash?
Also interested in this!

I was excited to take Beebz out in the summer until I learned fireflies are lethal.

We have hundreds of them here, they crawl around in the lawn during the day too =/

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also interested in this!

I was excited to take Beebz out in the summer until I learned fireflies are lethal.

We have hundreds of them here, they crawl around in the lawn during the day too =/
Not good I would be wary!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
1 firefly will kill them, my brother killed his wifes by feeding it just 1.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I generally don't let mine on the ground, i just set in the sun and they sit on me. They do make leashes though. My back yard is completely walled in with concrete blocks, so i don't have to worry about them running away. I do have cacti though so i don't let them down.(they are silly enough to jump right on a cactus 🌵 🤣)

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
we have a leash. or he sits on us if it is just a quick trip outside. we also have this enclosure he sits in when we are working on yard projects so we don't have to supervise him as closely. fortunately we don't have fireflies in our area (although they would be cool to see for us humans.)

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
the leash is fairly new to us, so he's still getting used to it. it will be more for when we are out front and he gets squirmy when sitting on us. more for an anti-escape measure.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
I generally don't let mine on the ground, i just set in the sun and they sit on me. They do make leashes though. My back yard is completely walled in with concrete blocks, so i don't have to worry about them running away. I do have cacti though so i don't let them down.(they are silly enough to jump right on a cactus 🌵 🤣)
my beardie has done that bf when i first got her, she jumped right on my cacti that was sitting on my desk and it took a lot to get her off

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom