Please Help!! Think my beardie has a RI

Beardie name(s)
Geralt, Gypsy, Littlefoot a.k.a Little baby
I need some help!! I think my beardie has a RI she's breathing in heavy and puffing out her throat and making a clicking sound also she's breathing with her mouth open longer than usual. She's still eating good but isn't her normal self she's on her warm side but hiding under her hammock. I'm not sure if I should rush her to the vet, I've raised the temperature in her tank by 3 to 5 degrees. I would really appreciate any and all advice, also she's 4 moths old and I'm new to this so I'm definitely freaking out everything was going great up to this point.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I need some help!! I think my beardie has a RI she's breathing in heavy and puffing out her throat and making a clicking sound also she's breathing with her mouth open longer than usual. She's still eating good but isn't her normal self she's on her warm side but hiding under her hammock. I'm not sure if I should rush her to the vet, I've raised the temperature in her tank by 3 to 5 degrees. I would really appreciate any and all advice, also she's 4 moths old and I'm new to this so I'm definitely freaking out everything was going great up to this point.
What kind of UVB are you using? coil or a tube ? this is critical especially if she does have a RI-- coils are inadequate - what size tank ? What is the humidity in the tank? what are the surface basking temps ? and how are you taking them? No stick ons please they are inaccurate

WitchyDragonMom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
What kind of UVB are you using? coil or a tube ? this is critical especially if she does have a RI-- coils are inadequate - what size tank ? What is the humidity in the tank? what are the surface basking temps ? and how are you taking them? No stick ons please they are inaccurate
Right now I'm using a coil I didn't know they're complete ****!! Switching to a tube, her humidity is 35 on the warm side and 40 on the cool, her basking was 100 and her body temperature was also 100, I use a heat gun to check the tank. her also the rest of the tank. I do have digital thermometers in the tank but I use the heat gun all the time several times a day checking on her and my other beardie.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Right now I'm using a coil I didn't know they're complete ****!! Switching to a tube, her humidity is 35 on the warm side and 40 on the cool, her basking was 100 and her body temperature was also 100, I use a heat gun to check the tank. her also the rest of the tank. I do have digital thermometers in the tank but I use the heat gun all the time several times a day checking on her and my other beardie.
Ok please get a 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a 40+ gallon tank- or a 24" pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb-- the zoo med will come w/ a 5.0 bulb-- keep it for a back up- placement and distance will be determined by your screen - you can check pet smart if you have one for the pro T 5 they have started carrying them-- the 24" zoo med you may haft to order on line check pet mountain and pangeareptiles for that uvb - the surface basking temps need to be taken w/ your probe- this will be the first step in getting her well- next I would get her into the vet for blood work to test for infection and x-ray to see if there is fluid there-- website to find a reptile vet in your area- if you live in a small town type in the biggest cities zip code closest to you www.arav.org
If you can keep her warmer over night like around 80 or so it will help her immune system - a ceramic heat emitter is good for that

WitchyDragonMom

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok please get a 24" zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb for a 40+ gallon tank- or a 24" pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb-- the zoo med will come w/ a 5.0 bulb-- keep it for a back up- placement and distance will be determined by your screen - you can check pet smart if you have one for the pro T 5 they have started carrying them-- the 24" zoo med you may haft to order on line check pet mountain and pangeareptiles for that uvb - the surface basking temps need to be taken w/ your probe- this will be the first step in getting her well- next I would get her into the vet for blood work to test for infection and x-ray to see if there is fluid there-- website to find a reptile vet in your area- if you live in a small town type in the biggest cities zip code closest to you www.arav.org
If you can keep her warmer over night like around 80 or so it will help her immune system - a ceramic heat emitter is good for that
Thank you soooooo much!!! I'm looking up the light now and I'm keeping an eye on her all night, I already have a heat emitter in my cart also calling the vet first thing in the morning

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you soooooo much!!! I'm looking up the light now and I'm keeping an eye on her all night, I already have a heat emitter in my cart also calling the vet first thing in the morning
Do not let them do a enema on her- take a fecal in w/ you- enemas are too dangerous

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom