Please help Sampson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea where to begin. 2 weeks ago i took the female Delilah out of the same room as Sampson and in her place i placed Bruce my olther male. Bruce is very social and loves people and Delilah not so much. So i came up with the idea if i put he in a highly traveled room that she would get socialized and enjoy her surrounding and people. Well so far she loves it! She loves being around us and yesterday she got her first taste of FREEDOM where she could run and be a lizard. She loved it so much that she never wants to be in her viv. She loves lounging on the back of the sofa looking out the window. Meantime poor old Sampson has not been a happy camper. He seems to be sleeping more lounging on his log and tree eating very little he's even in the last 2 days started ignoring his crickets and mealies! Which is totally not like him. He doesn't want to cuddle with me like he always does and he sleeps ALOT in fact today he NEVER came out to eat his salad like he usually does. We have been having a lot of storms lately not sure if that's bothering him or could it be he's so used to having "his woman" in the cage near his that he's sulking? WHat should i do. They are NOT housed together EVER I don't want babies! Anyone help me?

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
Well, is it possible to have all 3 cages in 1 room? I would think that having a female in the room would stress him out, and her, but it is impossible to say for every individual dragon.
The storms might bother him, we have been having bad storms here, also. I would switch them back for a day or two and see if he perks back up. Can he see the other male?? If so, he may be stressed over that. If they feel like they are being "dominated," they may not eat or respond to much.

As far as socializing Deliliah, I would just handle her more and let her run around more often.

mellu

Juvie Member
You could do a set up like my boyfriend and i have which is a tall shelf with all three beardies on a different level. They can all see us, but not each other.
This is our set up:
0414011854.jpg

The shelf was $100 but worth it for the fact we can keep them all in the same room without stressing them out at all. It's screwed to the wall for safety.

broozersfam

Original Poster
We have very little room for all of them to be in the same room. No Sampson can't see Bruce at all. We let all of our dragons out everyday to run but not at the same times! Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom