PLEASE HELP MY BEARDED DRAGON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, i have a 11 month old bearded dragon named bemer! he stopped eating insects 1 month ago and is only eating veggies now such as mustard greens, zuccini,squash thats it! im kinda worried. he gets calcuim powder on those every night and morning. but he feces are liquid and little brown and a tiny white cap.im not to worried because he is eating i would be way worried if he stoped eating.i give him apple & grape juice too.i shouldnt be too worried right?

YavannaV

Hatchling Member
Too many fruits can cause diarrhea in reptiles. The urates should be soft and solid white and the brown fecal matter should be well formed rather than runny. Diarrhea causes them to become dehydrated because they're losing too much water. I'd suggest limiting the amount of fruit your beardie eats and bathe daily until the movements become more solid.

At 11 months old, he should still be eating quite a lot of insects so maybe you could try a bit more variety to peak his interest again. Good staples are silk worms, hornworms, butter worms, crickets, phoenix worms, roaches, etc. Wax worms are like beardie candy so maybe a few of those mixed in may get him hungry. Bee pollen sprinkled on food will sometimes help too. Calcium would just be once per day and only five days a week. On the two days a week when you aren't doing calcium, dust with vitamins.

Also, when reptiles go off their protein sometimes that's a sign of parasites, so you may want to get a fecal float done with a Vet. (Or in females a sign of impending egg laying, yours is a boy for sure, right?)

Hope this helps. :)

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
what kind of insects are you feeding Bemer?

Mr Dargon completely lost interest in crickets. (I think he is just too lazy to chase after them)

Dubai roaches are a great alternative to crickets (not noisy and don't really smell).

like YavannaV said, try mixing up what he is eating.

Maxwellsmomma1989

Hatchling Member
hmm maybe hes just asking for a mix up max likes me to mix up his food once ina while if i try the same thing all the time he gets bored with it like right now hes on a thing where he loves the clover outside only and will only eat it if he cna pick it himself lol ..silly boy i know he knows the true deffination of slave i guess

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
Maxwellsmomma1989":1ou7kv36 said:
hmm maybe hes just asking for a mix up max likes me to mix up his food once ina while if i try the same thing all the time he gets bored with it like right now hes on a thing where he loves the clover outside only and will only eat it if he cna pick it himself lol ..silly boy i know he knows the true deffination of slave i guess
Scully does that too! I'll set her in one of our clover patches outside and she will go to town for like half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom