please help my bearded dragon is pooping blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarlettsparza

at first i thought she was just burmating so i didnt give it much thought, but shes been loosing weight fast and she hardly moves around in her cage at all or poops. she went poop today and blood came out aswell. her tank has a heat lamp and a uvb lamp. i give her super worms and cilantro. shes been like this for like a month but like i said i thought she was just burmating at first since she is 11 months. shes also housed with a 6 month male bearded dragon but hes compleatly fine and active and huge compared to her now that shes loosing so much weight.

10929155_867038270036131_3069854713735758978_n.jpg

10998003_867038363369455_6469203598527173392_o.jpg

thats her a few weeks ago, she was moving around and looking fine, we just took her to get some sun. ill try to upload a picture of the blood.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is extremely serious, if she has that much blood. Can you get her to a vet as soon as possible?
How long has she been brumating?
Since she is losing weight & housed with a male my first thought could be maybe a ruptured follicle or peritonitis. Has she developed eggs anytime recently? It is just a possibility but I do recommend getting a blood test & an x-ray on her to see what is going on with that type of weight loss.
It could also be a severely heavy load of worms or parasites also which can cause bleeding from GI damage.
I am sorry that is happening to her. Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

scarlettsparza

Original Poster
the vet is about an hour away from my home so im gonna have to wait to take her but i will as soon as possible, shes been this way for about 2 months or so, ill move her from the cage shes in so she can be alone, is there anything i can do to get her to feel better or eat, or would that be bad is shes burmating, i didnt know my male could be sexually active, ill seperate them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is your male? They can try to breed as young as 6 months, definitely.
If she is losing weigh, you will need to take her out of brumation & begin getting some food & fluids into her. If she isn't eating, you can kickstart her with some baby food such as chicken or turkey with squash or sweet potato baby food.
How is she doing today?

Tracie

scarlettsparza

Original Poster
i changed her from the cage she was in and placed her with a younger female. when i bought him he looked like he was 3 months so hes probably around 8 months now that i think about it, when i went to feed him the attacked the tongs i used to pick up the super worms, he seemed jumpy, i havnt been handleing them as much lately cause i have a baby and im not home a lot. thank you for the advice. she looks just peaceful. ill try to get her moving as eating.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, that is good news she is looking good & doesn't have a black beard right now.
See if you can get her up & around to bask more then to eat. I hope she feels better soon.
If he is around that age, he can definitely try to mate with her & that is too young for either one of them.
Keep us posted on her.

Tracie

scarlettsparza

Original Poster
so weve been making her be more active, she doesnt look in discomfort or has had a black beard, shes looked happy since i took her out of her caje with dumbo (my male beardie). im still taking her to the vet soon. shes not eating much still, ive been feeding her bananas because its the only ting shell eat.
11131952_868777569862201_41999625_n.jpg

this is the picture of the blood

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....I can barely see anything that looks like blood there, is that all there is ? Of course lack of appetite may be a problem, but it may have started out because she was housed with a male, which stressed her, and then she was moved to another tank which may also cause more stress. For the future, if you have dragons that need to be separated it's best to leave the sick or stressed beardie in the original tank and put the healthy/hardy one in another tank to avoid even more stress on the one that's not doing so well.

She does look pretty healthy though, she might do better now on her own if you give her a little time. The tiny amount of blood may be from parasites, and there is a company that you can send a fecal specimen to , beardeddragon.co. Look them up + call Cheryl or Jessica just to be sure. Then they could send you the meds. you need. Or you can take a sample in to the vet as you stated if you feel better doing it that way. She doesn't look sick/distressed though, so she should do fine. :)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing today? It didn't look too much like blood, but I agree, a fecal would put your mind at ease to see if she has worms/parasites.
I hope she starts to eat something soon. She looks healthy though & her colors are nice also.

Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom