please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help0ne

please help me save godzilla hey is my male bearded dragon, and hey is sick hey has not been eating and it really has me stressed out a couple days i started giving him fluckers liquid vitamin to see he would start eating. it did not work um yesterday i force feed him baby food which made him poop which was a good thing hey was still very active at this point but now for some reason his eyes are shut and there is vitamin coming out of his nose i dont know what to do to save him. i am new at this so its my first time dealing with a sick dragon
i also dont not know were to locate a reptile vet in new york because i just moved here so if i need to take him to a vet for help i would not know were to go and i do not have the funds to get him the help hey might need but i would do what ever i can to save this little guy like hey means the world to me and i dont want to lose him, but let me tell yea hey is a fighter because hey is still hanging on strong. i mean the reason hey stopped eat might be because hey stressed out and the force feeding and giving him the vitamin might have stressed him out even more and i think the watery stuff coming out his nose might be the reason his eyes are now shut but thats only me but please help me i would do any thing to save him.....please help me

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there...poor little dragon ! How long ago did the liquid start coming from his nose ? He is not swallowing it, so he might aspirate [ breath it in ] You can try to find a vet using this site www.herpvetconnection.com Right now you might try picking him up gently and tipping him head down + tail end up, like your'e pouring the liquid out of him. Like a teapot. See if you can drain it out of him. At this point he needs a vet , but you can try that. Also, can you list your set up, brand _+ type of lights, any loose substrate [ sand , walnut, etc. if so, get it out ASAP + put down paper towels for now ] If you could post a pic of him + his set up ? Directions for posting pics is up top of the page under website comments. I hope he gets better !

Help0ne

Original Poster
thanks i am still surprised hey i breathing little guy fighter i put him like a tea pot hey did not like that much much i just got him like 3 weeks ago i dont understand how things changed so fast.

Help0ne

Original Poster
_MG_9287.jpg

[ALL OF HIS THINGS]

_MG_9289.jpg

[GODZILLIA]
_MG_9290.jpg

[THATS MY GODZILLIA]

_MG_9286.jpg

[THE SET UP]

Help0ne

Original Poster
well i just fished give him a bath hey opened his eyes but i think hey might be to weak to keep him open so that can explain why his eyes were shut earlier so what i do i have this coming http://www.petco.com/product/117291/Flukers-ReptaBoost-Insectavore-And-Carnivore-High-Amp-Boost.aspx?CoreCat=BeardedDragonHPFood
hopefully it helps him by givin him much need energy or i might have to force feed him again but this time i am goin to blend crikets and mealworm and greens all together and mae him a shake. hopefully hey starts eating soon

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,
That's great you bathed him, it will hydrate him. 10 to 15 minute baths daily will keep him hydrated. Since he is weak be sure to support his head out of the water.
I know it's a lot info and questions but the answers will help to help your little guy. Correcting husbandry issues to create the proper environment will help his general health.

I see a box for a Reptiglo coil UVB bulb. That bulb has been know to cause eye and health issues. You said he's keeping his eyes closed, the ReptiGlo can cause or contribute to that. It would be best to turn the ReptiGlo off right now. Better he have no UVB for the short term until you can get a recommended UVB bulb. Only 2 UVB bulbs are recommended, the ReptiSun 10.0 tube or the Arcadia D3 12%. It would be best if you could get one ASAP. If you can't find it in a pet shop, you can order on line.
Has he been basking?....for how long...or does he stay on the cool end or in a hide?

I'd remove the colored bulbs you are using. ...don't need colored lights of any kind, day or night. They need darkness to sleep properly.
Actually you only NEED 2 bulbs, UVB bulb and a heat/light basking bulb. You don't need a fancy, expensive basking/heat bulb, you can use a regular bright white house hold bulb for your basking bulb/heat. Try a few different watts til you find the one that hold the temps.

What are the 3 temps...basking surface,...hot end?....cool end? Accurate temps are critical to digestion, absorption and utilizing nutrition. If temps aren't correct for him it could also be contributing to this.
What do you use to measure temps?....dial, strip, digital probe or temp gun?

It's recommended by many not to feed mealworms to bearded dragons. They have lots of crunchy exoskeleton called chitin which doesn't digest and can cause an impaction. The cricket and greens slurry will be fine. What greens do you feed him? I see the calcium, do you dust his live food with calcium once a day, 5 days a week? You can add his calcium supplement to the slurry. I've read the repti-boost you ordered is good but I don't have any experience with it. Someone will pop on who does.

What was his diet like before he stopped eating? How often did he eat....how much each time?How long has he not been eating?
What baby food did you feed your little guy? How did you force feed him, from the side of his mouth or the front.

You said he poo'd. Was it loose and runny...or hard and dry or soft and formed? Was the urate bright white, soft but holding it's form?

Are you sure it was vitamins coming out of his nose? You said it was watery. Does he pop, crackle or wheeze when he breaths?
I wouldn't give him any more vitamins for a while. Dragons don't process some vitamins well and only need vits once or twice a week. Otherwise you risk vitamin toxicity. And vits are not an appetite stimulant.
Sorry it's a lot but there are many very experienced members who can help with the answers you provide.
Amanda

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

He is very tiny right now so he can aspirate very easily when giving oral foods & fluids.
Please review your tank setup with us so we can direct you better. What are the temperatures of his basking spot? They need to be in a range of 95-110 since he is a baby. He may not be warm enough & be developing a respiratory infection. What color was the vitamins that came out of his nose?
The Reptoboost is a good product & should help him out quite a bit. Will he eat any crickets at all on his own?

As directed, if you are using a Reptiglo compact/coil you can turn that off as that is likely one culprit of him squinting & keeping his eyes closed. Just keep a basking bulb over him right now for a week or so until you can get another UVB ordered. He will be fine short term.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

Help0ne

Original Poster
well i just went to turn off the uvb and hey was looking much more active hey moved from the hot side to cool side hey is in the blue tunnel now um the basking spot is at 101.8 right now i still have the infer red light which i use for night time.so should i try force feeding him the crickets and meal worm and greens shake

Help0ne

Original Poster
well his poop was lose it was like watery um i can only really tell u the temp on the hot side of the tank its at 101.8 when we was eatting we would mostly eat his greens and i am feeding his callard greens and carrots so i should not use the infered light nope hey is not eatting at all hey was not much a eater i mean i did see him eat but not as much as my other dragon that was housed with him, hey was very active
i think because hey might be stressed the color of the vitamin was yellow the same color it sames out the tube i use a digitial thermometer which i have on the hot side i almost forgot about the under tank heater i also have on my tank which i always keep on hey has been baskin and is now in the hide and yes i do dust the live food every time i feed him

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Helpone, is your house temp. above 68 at night ? It can even go cooler than that for beardies, but since your guy is weak, no lower than 68. An undertank heater can cause it to be too hot for him, especially if you have the red light night. Red lights are waste of money, not good for beardies. He may have been over heated + dehydtrated , that might be why he quit eating. His body mass looks O.K., not real thin or anything, so hope you can get things figured out. Change the lights like the other poster mentioned + give shallow lukewarm baths. Any meds. you give should just be dripped on his snout because he has already had some come from his nose, which means he was almost choking or breathing it in. It's obvious that you are really trying to do a good job with the little one, by all the products you have gotten for him. I hope he will turn around for you !

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hey, that's great that you saw him drinking ! He is trying to rehydrate, he may start doing better once he is hydrated. Be sure to put him right back in the tank efter the bath so he's not cold.

Help0ne

Original Poster
well my house temps it really depends how it is out side but yea i really love this little guy and really got attached to him and while hey was in the bath and only when hey was swimming hey slightly opened his eyes hey also climbed up my hand like for his state hey is still very active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom