Please help he wont eat veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cla6665

Hello everybody. I have been trying to feed Lucky veggies but he is refusing to eat them. He does eat everything else I put in front of him. He is 6 months old now, and I would like him to eat more veggies, he almost eats none. This morning I made him a mix of everything in his bowl to see if he' ll eat it, but nothing. He sticks his tongue out, tasted them and sat back basking. All his temperatures are good, I don't know what to do, should I just leave the bowl there with the food for like two days, and see if he eats them, or take it away and give him something else. I think he is very spoiled....
Thank you

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
My beardie is a demanding little devil too.
Some days he refuses to eat unless I hand feed him.
I chop my veggies up into slim strips and add mealworms on top. He goes crazy for the mealworms wriggling around and accidently gets veggie in his mouth nearly every bite he takes.
He often tries his luck and refuses to eat them for a few days. When he does this I dont feed him any locusts untill he behaves himself.

cla6665

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply. Same thing with Lucky. If I hand feed him he'll take some lettuce, blackberry, and carrots. It is unbelievable how easy they get spoiled. When I put the veggies in front of him this morning, he looked at me almost saying " what is this man .." and went back basking. He looked kind of mad...... Oh well, been married for 10 years with 3 kids, I am kind of used to it.
Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

1happymommy

Juvie Member
Try these tips. Even if he doesn't eat, put the greens in every morning and then remove before lights out. I also mist the greens with water to hydrate them in the day. The heat really makes them crispy.

put live feeders on top of greens.

add some fruit with the greens like bananas or berries, just to get him started.

put greens in first thing in the morning with a few worms and make sure he sees the worms and then spy on him. My guy usually eats his greens before he gets his roaches.

I catch him eating his greens when he thinks I'm not around.

Hand feed him a bug and alternate with some fruit or greens.

Just a few things I tried. I'm sure the seasoned posters will have more ideas for you.

daddyburgi

Extreme Poster
Falcor too used to only eat his veggies when he did not think anyone was looking but now loves them. In the beginning when he was not eating a good amount of veggies I would simply feed veggies to the crickets. I figured that whatever I feed to the crickets were being feed to my beardie.

sativa

i have had problems with my beardies to eat veggies in the past and my solution is simple chop veggies to size ans place them in a shallow bowl of watter. the way i get their attention is wiggle the watter with my finger until it gets their attention. doing this should get your beardie very interested in eating all sorts of veggies. and another hint they love dandylions and clover in watter. this also helps u hydrate them without forcing them to drink.good luck and be persistant they like consistancy and the more u try something the more likely they will try something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom