Please Help...beardie seems to have an equalibrium problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
Just got home today after being away for a couple days and noticed my female is acting funny. I took her out to cuddle and he head will sometimes sway back and forth and when she walks, she seems like she is off balance. My sons assure me she has been eating daily and pooing regularly....Any body ever seen this?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello
What type of vitamins and calcium are you using?Have you changed them at all?Did your son mention anything about her falling at all while you were away?
I agree start with the bath first and then we can go from there.Sometimes simple dehydration can cause unsteadiness.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
How are your temps? Is there anyway she could have overheated?

Definitely try a good long soak and see how she does after that.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
gulfbrzdawn":5c6a1 said:
Sorry Vicky...didn't know you had posted.
No apologies needed especially considering how slow the forum is and besides great minds think alike :wink:

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":c4f85 said:
Could she be dehydrated by any chance?
I guess it is possible that she is...She didn't have a tubby while I was gone, which was 3 days. I gave her several soaks and she seems much better today, still a little unstable, but a marked improvement from yesterday. Thanks guys for all the words of wisdom...I knew I joined this forum for a reason...You guys are the BEST!!!!

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
vickson420":c2346 said:
Hello
What type of vitamins and calcium are you using?Have you changed them at all?Did your son mention anything about her falling at all while you were away?
I agree start with the bath first and then we can go from there.Sometimes simple dehydration can cause unsteadiness.
No falls, and her vitamins and calcium is the same....I do think it could be a little bit of dehydration.Thanks for the imput...you guys are the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom