PLEASE HELP, beardie retching in bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmivy

my adult male beardie (2 years) is in the bath and hes retching, as if hes going to be sick, with a full on black beard. scared to take him out now. he hasn pooed in about 2 weeks. really worried. set up is normal, it has been checked before

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Could he had ingested too much water? Were you with him the whole time?
Did he eat live feeders late yesterday and didn't have enough time to properly digest, and is now trying to throw it up?

shmivy

Original Poster
no i dont feed him unless theres at least 2 hours of basking time left. yeah he was drinking alot of water maybe 5 mins before it hapened so im thinkin it might have been that. he stopped when i put him back in his vivarium so i hope hes ok

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How deep was the bath water? I''d never do more than 2 inches.If you leave a beardie by itself in the tub [ not saying you did ] they can drown....even a few drops of water going down the wrong way can be trouble. Glad he seems O.K. now. Watch for signs of continued distress.

shmivy

Original Poster
the water was maybe an inch and a half, i never fill above the arm pits and id never dream of leaving him alone in the bath, even for 2 secs, id be too nervous. i think maybe when he was drinking some went down the wrong way, just got a fright. thanks for the replys :)

Dragons of the Deep

Hatchling Member
Was it full-out retching, or just gulping air? If my dragons don't want to be bathed, they will sometimes beard and gulp lots of air to inflate themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom