Please help! Beardie hasn't pooped in 3 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic Info:
Madoka is 2 1/2 year old female.
Her tank is 100 gallons
Her UV is Reptisun 10.0

She usually always poops whenever I give her a bath. Any other time she poops, she does it in a spot in her tank. The past 3 weeks, she hasn’t pooped at all.

I recently switched her food to mealworms instead of superworms. Before that, she had been pooping just fine.
I'm scared she might be impacted, but she was pooping just fine before I switched her food.

Please help me. Ive tried everything to get her to poop.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there.....I know it seems like a long time but I'm sure she'll be fine. What have you tried ? How many mealworms is she eating at a time ? They have a lot of chitin, a tough exoskeleton, that's the difference from superworms . Cut way back on the mealworms, and to help her poo, try any of or a combo of these:
unsweetened applesauce, baby food prunes or squash, canned pumpkin, cucumbers and add 1/4 tspoon of veg.oil or raw [ unpasteurized] honey. Extra water via syringe if she'll take it. Then give her an extra warm + extra deep bath. A few days of those natural laxatives should help her move those bowels. :)

madokamami

Original Poster
AHBD":272rkadd said:
Hi there.....I know it seems like a long time but I'm sure she'll be fine. What have you tried ? How many mealworms is she eating at a time ? They have a lot of chitin, a tough exoskeleton, that's the difference from superworms . Cut way back on the mealworms, and to help her poo, try any of or a combo of these:
unsweetened applesauce, baby food prunes or squash, canned pumpkin, cucumbers and add 1/4 tspoon of veg.oil or raw [ unpasteurized] honey. Extra water via syringe if she'll take it. Then give her an extra warm + extra deep bath. A few days of those natural laxatives should help her move those bowels. :)

Thank you, I will try them. Shes been eating about 20 at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cold3231
Top Bottom