PLEASE HELP! Bearded Dragon possibly extremely sick..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so my bearded dragon Ryii of 23 months has been acting strangely lately. Two days ago, I came into her gaping her mouth with a really black black beard. Not hostile, but she wanted to get out her cage. Got her out, gave her a bath, she was ok. Yesterday she seemed fine, she didn't eat when offered her veges though, just lazed and slept. Now this morning I had her on my bed. A few minutes after she woke up, I put her in her cage and turned on her lights. 5 minutes later, she pooped. Wasn't wet, it was kinda solid, but it was good. So then she started running around the cage a lot more, forcing out little poops. Started dashing around, gaping her mouth, run to another side, hit her head against the glass and gape her mouth. Then she just stopped and laid down. I completely cleaned her cage again (did it on Thursday), gave her a bath and now she's on paper towels. She's not moving at all, she's just laying down with her eyes closed. Occasionally, like now, she would open them very slightly and then close them again. She's shedding as well from her mid stomach to mid tail too, so this is worrying me much as well. What am I to do?

EDIT: She's been gaping her mouth for quite sometime now. I'm not sure if its due to the heat in my room mixed in with the heat in her viv or what. I hear no clicking or any heavy breathing. She just scratches at the tank wanting to get out.

kamelotte

Hatchling Member
She could maybe be gravid? Even without breeding a female can sometimes lay eggs, and they tend to freak out when they're gravid. Maybe try putting her in a dig box for a bit?

DoctorevoL

Original Poster
I don't think she's gravid cause I don't feel any lumps in her stomach. I picked her up and took a few pictures, here. The third pic is how she acts when I pick her up and place her down. She doesn't even bother moving to position herself comfortably at all. She just lays there...

20z6u11.jpg

2sbu05z.jpg

345k42g.jpg

2cz7d42.jpg

Please, I'm so damn worried and I have to head to work in a few. Looking at the pics themselves are bringing tears to my eyes. Would anyone in the NYC know a good vet? I don't have much money, but I'm willing to use it all for her so I can see her happy again.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, I'm so sorry that your girl is sick. ! I agree that she looks critical. try http://www.herpvetconnection.com Scroll down, they have a list of vets state by state. And she could be gravid, you can't always feel eggs, so she may be eggbound right now. I hope you can help her !

DoctorevoL

Original Poster
New update.. Ryii hasn't even opened her eyes. She doesn't even move when I pick her up aside from when I looked at her jaw. It's so soft.. I have a Reptisun 10.0 tube light as well. She feels so soft and her entire bone structure feels limp and lifeless. I called vets and their price range is out of my funds atm. I don't know what to do.

And another. She just spazzed around her enclosure twice already, lasting up from 10-15 seconds. First time she flipped on her back and then just started acting wild. Second time about the same. She has her mouth wide open now and is exhaling hard.

DoctorevoL

Original Poster
She's dead. Didn't even realize she was dead until I picked her up Flipped her over, no response. Laid her on her back on my bed, nothing. Just got out of the shower, and she's getting stiff now. I miss her so much already.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I'm so, so sorry ! :( It's a devastating thing for you to have witnessed. I know you're very upset, I can tell by your posts that you really cared for her. All my sympathy to you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom