PLEASE HELP 2 YEAR OLD FEMALE BEARDIE NOT POOPING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I have a 2 year old female bearded dragon named Lizzy and she has not pooped since Christmas Eve (12/24/12). I am getting concerned. She is in a semi- brumation but is still eating and drinking. She is kinda sluggish. She is my first bearded dragon and is very well cared for. We visit the vet regularly and she always gets a clean bill of health. i am curious of what you guys think. I just want to know if I am doing things right, and want to know any information you can offer. I am very passionate about reptiles and bearded dragons in particular, and I only have one very spoiled baby that I love dearly. I read, and try to learn as much as I can to give her the best life possible. Please help me as I am losing sleep because I am very concerned and do not want anything to happen to my baby!
This is Lizzy and I....
image_zpsda627045.jpg

This is Lizzy saying na na na na na na you can't catch me :)
image_zpsdcf46203.jpg

PrettyInInk

Aw....you both are just adorable!
I have always had good luck with a bit of pureed pumpkin and a drop or two of oil (I have used vegetable oil, but have heard olive oil works too), and then a nice, long warm bath. Maybe a little tummy massage. Good luck.

Spikey92

Juvie Member
If that doesnt work you can try baby prunes.My Beardie actualy likes it :p. If you try the pumpkin you can buy canned non spiced pumpkin.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Keep us posted on her progress. I hope she will be fine. Was she brumating? Rosie ate when she woke up in between weeks of brumating but sometimes she didn't poop during those times.

kjdalton9509

Original Poster
SHE POOPED TODAY!!! I never thought I would be so happy to clean up poop :D You guys have been life savers.... Thank you so much! I am taking her poop to the vet tomorrow to get a fecal done to look into why she isn't pooping more often. Thanks again and I will let you know the results of the fecal.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What type & brand of UVB light are you using & how often do you give calcium? Do you know what her weight is?
She is beautiful. If she was partially brumating, her GI tract is greatly slown down so not much will pass through. Is she not fully sleeping but just not basking as much?
Is she losing or maintaining her weight?

If she is partially brumating, I wouldn't feed too much so her tummy doesn't bother her. What does she eat now?

I am glad to hear that she finally went to the bathroom though!

Tracie

kjdalton9509

Original Poster
William488 Thank you!

Drache 613 My UVB light is a ZooMed 5.0 and it is mounted inside her tank. I dust her food with powder calcium 1 or 2 times a week. Thank you, I think she is beautiful too. She has been coming out of brumation for over a month. She sleeps more than usual but a lot less than she was. She is basking twice a day. She is not losing weight, she's gained. She is 19" long and 591 grams. I believe she is out of brumation. She eats superworms, collards, lots of vegetables, occasionally she eats can- o- pillars, baby food, and more. I glad she pooped too!

Beardieparents I did find that out and I am very excited I found people like me ! :)

kjdalton9509

Original Poster
I took her poop from yesterday to the vet. She did a fecal and she has pin worms. She has had them before and its been a year now and we have tried a few medications and treatments and I have not been able to kill them. She gave her shot of Droncit that was the maximum does and I go back in two weeks for her second shot. Has anyone had experience with pin worms? If so I would love to hear any advice. I have seen in other discussions people ask a list of questions to make sure the person is housing right and doing everything right. If someone knows those questions and could ask me I would appreciate it because I wanna make sure I am doing everything right. Thank you! :D

kjdalton9509

Original Poster
Drache613 What is the proper way to dust food? How often should I do it and what is the difference between all the different calcium powders at the pet store? :study: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom