PLEASE can someone help .... iv now ran out of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if someone can help me ..... i have two Rankins, one male and one female each have a viv 15inch wide - 56inch long tank with a 60W ceramic bulb and repti-glo 10.0, (both brand new bulbs) its heat reg with a habistat:

................ hot ...............cold
Day...... 33.5c - 37.7c ..... 26c - 28c

night....... 29c - 31c .......... 21c

i have two therm sensors one in cool end and one directly on the basking spot, the habitstat sensor is next to the therma sensor on the basking spot.

i bath them twice a week -- Tues/Fri, they have lots of fresh veg and mealworms on offer, they wont eat crickets etc (trust me iv tried!) they have a good sized water bowl. they are on Calcisand which neither have been eating plus a small bowl of calcidust on offer too.

I have had them about 2 weeks, i bought them from a lady who said they are about 6 months old although i think they maybe a month or so older as the male has suddenly over the past few weeks grown and now has a very wide head and his beard is darkening! my boy is growing up lol the male is very lively and very healthy eating plenty of mealworms even from hand but the female is starting to concern me the last week she has not seemed very happy ... she will spend most of the day in her water bowl !! i take her out and place her in the warm and she perks up but then returns back to the water 10 mins later, i have not seen her eat yet so i started feeding her a small amount of veg baby food which she will take which is mixed with calci and nutrabol, i have been making sure she is taking in water. i have not yet seen her poo but i have just (last 2 days) moved her into her own Viv as i thought being housed with the male who hogs the heat spot was part of the problem!!

At the moment she is asleep in her water bowl again!! im not sure if its stress as their vivs were changed etc but the male is VERY happy and very cheeky!!

Any advise would be welcome :) she is well hydrated as is bathed twice a week and sits in it all day!!

I have just weighed them Male - 97g and Female - 75g they are both the same age

UPDTAE -
I have also noticed that this afternoon her eyes are bulging a little.... really not much but enough for me to notice a difference!
Could she be trying to shed which is why she is in the water? i can see any evidence of it yet though!

The female sounds like she is going to shed. Keep her in seperate tank. What is humidity? Needs to be around 35- 40%. When shedding they can need more water than normal. It seems she is crawling into water because she needs it. Does her skin look wrinkly? To induce poo for a fecal float I bathe in warm water every 6 hours for 15 minutes till I get stool or at the least urine.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

She does like she is going to shed bulging her eyes like that.
Does she seem bothered by the male, also? You don't want them mating too young, it can hurt her health so I would consider partitioning them.
The Reptiglo 10 tube bulb is not the best tube bulb. It emits low wavelength frequency of UVB which is hard on their eyes & does not contribute to D3 synthesis very well. I would opt to get the Reptisun 10 tube bulb, the quality of the bulb is a lot better.

Do you have pictures of them?

Tracie

Do you feed them any protein besides meal worms? They are hard for beardies to digest. Have you tried crickets, roaches, or worms? She may be going into the water to assist in moving her food along, just as if she was in a warm bath... just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom