Pleas help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Theelser":r07vnbjn said:
92953-5251651914.jpg

<<< looks kinda like a NanoHood (ExoTerra) , this hood should be fine in you small rearing viv provided you upgrade the compact to a 26W UVB200 and mount the hood UNDER THE MESH/SCREEN LID and about 8 inches above beardie's basking spot

To do this you may need to partly disassemble the hood to temporarily lift the reflector out (should be held in by maybe 4 screws (the NanoHood is , but not sure about your's) , drill a two sets of holes about 5mm diam in two groups of two (about 2 inches separating the holes in a group) , could do this without removing reflector but you don't know how the power cables are arranged under the reflector and risk drilling through these and it'll be easier to thread cable ties or twist ties through the holes to mount from under the mesh without the reflector in there. once the holes are drilled and the ties inserted ,replace the reflector and refasten the screws , install the uv globe , and then hang and secure the small hood under the lid using the ties (you might opt to use very short fat self tapping hexhead screws through a piece of rigid plastic sheet or off cut of timber wall board (if you have it handy) screwed into the holes you already have in the hood.

92953-8952848338.jpg

If there is a second 5%UVB compact in the dual dome , remove it, replace it with an ceramic heat emitter (mushroom shaped heater) ie
https://zoomed.com/repticare-ceramic-infrared-heat-emitter/
This is for use controlled at night and in really cold weather during the day. I highly recommend connecting the power cable for it's side of the dome to a switching thermostat like
https://www.ebay.com.au/i/281418169471?chn=ps&dispItem=1
(I use these and have found them very reliable , some have been in constant use for over 8 years),
essentially these switch the power on when under the set temperature (that you dialed up) and if the temperature goes above the set point by about 1 degC it cuts the power, I run my heatpads and control them 24/7 using these..

Keep the existing basking globe IF it is NOT COLOURED , it's in the other side of the dual dome.
Try to locate the Nanohood a close as you can to the dual dome (basking light side).

These are his lights.
UVB-Zoo Med FS‑C5M zml Bulb ReptiSun UVB Mini 5.0

And the basking light is also zoo med basking spot lamp.

Geez... Never trusting petsmart again! Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

His calcium is also zoo med (I see a pattern here...) called repti calcium, but they told me he didn't need anything else, but now reading the jar it says Without D3. Going straight to the pet store to purchase proper vitamins, thank you so much.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Theelser":3tf9u8y3 said:
Thank you so much everyone, tomorrow I'm going out to purchase a new UVB bulb and vitamins.

Also, no he was on my shoulder when we went outside, I didn't want to put him in a tank for the very reason of it heating up.
<<< careful of shoulder sitters .... ok when you are sitting on something like the bed, the carpet, the grass, the lounge, but if not or if you are standing / walking about this is a recipy for disaster ,as beardies are well known for taking kamakazi leaps off shoulders and if he lands on a hard unforgiving surface he can do very serious injuries to himself.
And older larger beardies no longer grip like Velcro to your clothes and no longer bounce like they did as wee hatchlings....

Is best to sit with beardie on your lap, on your tummy or on your chest and always supported by one hand.

I hope he'll get better soon with a change in some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom