places to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

frog

Sub-Adult Member
waxworms. I looked on mulberryfarms.com but I didn't see any on the waxworm, butterworm, hornworm, page. When I googled Waxworms I got places like wormman.com but I hear a lot of people say they aren't good.

So where are people buying there waxworms when mulberry farms doesn't have any? Nice plump healthy ones, for a decent price.

Sara

*Edit- Mulberry farms has a 15 dollar minimum purchase requirement correct?

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Mulberry farms does have them but they are currently out of stock, as they are getting them from a new supplier. I usually buy waxwworms at my petstore. I don't see what's so wrong with wormman.com.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
You can usually find wax worms at petstores. I would avoid buying them in bulk because they don't last very long. Premiumcrickets.com has them in smaller quantities, so I would get a small tub from them for less than $1.50 when I used to order from them - I no longer order from premium, though. I just started ordering from mulberry, and they haven't had any in stock since I have been interested in them..

Really, though.. wax worms aren't very good, so if you can't find them, I wouldn't worry about them. There are much better things to give to your dragon. My dragon will choose butter worms over wax worms, any day.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
I have heard only good about Mulberry Farms but everytime I look to order from them there is a hefty shipping charge so that has kept me from ordering from them. I get supers from lll reptile they include shipping on all their worms. Just looked and 250 wax worms comes to $19 including heat pack. I have never had any problems with them and have used them a few times. http://lllreptile.com/

frog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I'm not concerned about them being a main food source, but I havent had them around the house for a while and wanted to give my animals a treat. Also, at my petstore they are expensive and not plump at all (pretty much empty).

Another reason is, my dragon is hibernating, but my geckos are awake, and two out of three of them hate butterworms. HATE. Before I could find time to go to the store and but some, they went without eating anything (butterworms only thing in house at the time) for a few weeks. Pretty frustrating.

Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom