places to buy adults

Status
Not open for further replies.

joef

Hatchling Member
So i've been looking for a place to buy an adult female beardie once my male is old enough. I've done lots and lots of research on breeding so i could just start a hobby, and i'm saving up some cash for it, but does anyone know where i could get an adult female that's like blood-red or something?

Mysty

Juvie Member
The market is very over populated with beardies at the moment. You may want to consider if breeding is ethical right now.

Of course, if you don't live in a country where this is the case, then you omly have the usual considerations when it comes to breeding exotics.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
From what I've seen , least here in Australia , breeders rarely sell their breeding stock unless
>>> there is some health issue (and they wish to avoid vet costs)
>>> the adult is knackered wrt breeding , ie at the end of it's life as an profitable breeder.

But keep in mind that it is VERY hard to raise lots of young hatchlings , incubating their eggs is the easy part, they eat hundreds of dollars worth of food every month, need lots of tanks to be raised in + lots of supplies, lights, etc. Most people are overwhelmed with all the time and care it takes and the hatchlings wind up either dead or sickly, malnarished, crippled, maimed and are often sold way too soon and before they are ready just to cut costs and try to make a fast dollar..

My advice , stick with hatchlings or juveniles who you will have to wait to reach maturity , or look at another species of lizard to breed that's not flooding the market where you are, maybe small geckos, or even better skinks , chose a species who only produce small litters of young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom