Pictures of Toa as he grows

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
What happened to the little baby we all know and love? He's gotten huge! What's he at weight and height wise?

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I know! My baby is 1 year old today!! I can't believe it. These last 8 months have gone so fast. Toa is now 22 inches long and 687 grams. :D

He is not taking the whole brumation thing seriously, lol. He isn't eating and is usually asleep by the time I get home at 5:15, but as soon as you take him out of his viv he runs around like crazy and has been glass surfing a lot too. Today he got out to run around with his harness on. We went out front which he is not too fond of, too many birds. A dog walked by and he pancaked and tried to disappeared into the grass. It was pretty cute.

Here he is checking out the block.

After a while we went back inside and he ran around and then got up on the couch (with assistance) then decided to go face first off the couch in between the couch and the sliding glass door. He then tried to climb the screen door, so I opened it and he went running around the backyard for a while, apparently it is a lot safer than the front...

Here he is right before he took a dive.

And a bonus picture of him his first night home! He was only 12 inches long! :mrgreen:

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Wow, he's a beast compared to the little thing you brought home. Bet you never thought he would get so big! Toa is such a character.

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's funny, I thought he was so big when I brought him home. He was in the tank with all the tiny babies at Petco. But looking back I realize how small he was! He grew like a weed the first few months. I can't wait to see if he gets any bigger. A lot of people who have seen him think he might be a German Giant, but I guess only time will tell. As long as he is healthy I am happy! :mrgreen:

Liliwen

I have really enjoyed your thread! Wonderful dragon keeper x Toa looks amazing and clearly has a great life! Ruby WaxWorm quite likes him! She is just one month younger than your man!

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! He's being a little booger right now. Lol. He is semi-brumating, which for him equals running around his viv like a maniac, making a mess, but going to bed before sundown, and not eating. And he is shedding to top it all off! So I will take him out for like an hour and give him a bath, then put him away to warm up and within a few minutes he is climbing the walls! :roll: Such a character!

Here he is hanging out with his buddy Coconut. The only cat he seems to like. But in all fairness Anubis did try to taste him. Chin, the dog, likes to sniff him and follow him around but Toa tires of this rather quickly. :lol:

After running around inside for a while he started climbing the screen door. Trying to get outside.

On went the harness. He actually walked out the front door all on his own, after trying to climb the security screen I opened the door and he scuttled on out. I was surprised because he usually doesn't move too much out front. He didn't go very far though.

Checking out his domain. He just stood there for about ten minutes until I got bored and we went back inside. :mrgreen:

Stay tuned for more Toa shenanigans.

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He is a wild guy! Lol. Well, he tries. :lol:

I think it would be fun to meet up with other bd enthusiasts and geek out over our dragons.

lexus465

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Not much going on in lazy dragon ville! Toa is still mostly brumating. Eating some greens but no feeders. Asleep when I get home. It had been so dry lately I have been having to bug him with baths when I get home, he has started going in his hide to sleep so I don't wake him up! :lol: This has led to longer cuddles and less scrambling to explore. Last night he sat on my chest for a good half hour with out moving, except to cuddle up closer to my neck. Adorable!!

9595aebf1206a8654ed3e48825a6b738.jpg

He has also taken to drinking in the bath. Which is kind of adorable. I'll drip water on his nose which he drinks up while slowly dropping his head until his mouth is in the water and he can drink it. I stopped short and he kept lapping for water, then just looked at me when it stopped. :lol:

This is what a sleepy thirsty dragon looks like, in case you were curious!

7da0c3d6ca7ef6b9199b4c984816e073.jpg

Love that dragon! He is now 13 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom