Pics for tips - need help on glass track 4 crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treker

After being able to do all this without any carpentry skills whatsoever, I have met my most difficult challenge at the end. I'm hoping that a lot of you who've built a crossfire can shed some light on these glass tracks. I really hate to mess up at the end.

I ordered these 1/4'' tracks. That means I can put in 1/4" glass right? They make the tracks a little wider than 1/4" to compensate for precisely cut 1/4" glass......? Or do I have to buy glass that's less than 1/4"? I know this is a dumb question but I have absolutely no clue. I tried measuring the tracks and it appears to be a little larger but it's hard to tell. They're the tracks mentioned on the Crossfire website.
IMG_0766.jpg

I also don't understand the calculation for determining height of glass to cut. How did everyone measure/figure out what height the glass would be?

Thanks guys. Here are some pics:

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

When r' ye gonna finish me cage - slave
IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Treker

Original Poster
Bump.

I buy the glass tomorrow. Any last minute tips on fitting glass onto 1/4" tracks...

suzuki4life

Juvie Member
easiest way is to measure the best you can (measure long rather than short) and be prepared to trim upper dam if it doesn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom