Picky picky eater!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Po has decided to be the pickiest eater EVER.

About a year ago she decided crickets were to fast and she was too lazy, so we switched to supers. LOVES them. Then our local pet store stared carrying hornworms, and eventually, lobster and dubia roaches. She cant get enough of the hornworms.

At first she couldn't get enough of the dubia roaches, either. One second I would set one down for her, the next it was gone and all I heard was "crunchcrunchcrunch". In the past couple weeks, though, she's decided "Nope! Don't want those!". She'll take a look at a dubia roach and head over in the other direction like she doesn't see it. At first I thought she wasn't hungry, but she will still eat the supers to her heart's content. I got a batch of lobster roaches...same reaction. The supplier is one I trust and I know there isn't anything wrong with the roaches. Po is perfectly healthy, active, and otherwise eating (one other quirk of hers is that she won't eat her veggies while you're in the room...she will wait until no one is around until she makes her way over to munch on those!).

My local pet store will be carrying phoenix worms regularly (and for a great price) within a week or so, so I'm going to give those a try too.

Has anyone else had this issue with picky eaters?

5029253715_96b58064db_b.jpg

plusewolf

if u want to get po to eat greens while u in room, try rolling the worms up in the dome leafy greens and hand offer it to po and po should take it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom