Picky Eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

gzambran

Hi everyone,
This isn't urgent at all, but I'm curious to see what other people think. My little boy, Alejandro is about a year old now. Most other beardies I know that are around his age will happily eat their salads and veggies. He has been offered collard greens and shredded carrots since I got him when he was about one month old. He occasionally eats his collard greens, but really doesn't touch the other chopped fruits or veggies that I offer him. I tried mustard greens and turnip greens for variety but he was not a fan of those either. I feel like it is important for him to get the fiber, water and vitamins from his vegetables. I always offer the greens first thing in the morning and wait before giving him silkworms/ pheonix worms / crickets. I do not want to with-hold food from him and "force" him to eat the vegetables, because he usually seems quite hungry for his worms. He is by no means skinny (4 out of 5 on 5 point body condition score scale) but I still don't want him to go hungry just to try to get him to be a more adventurous eater. He will eat fruit/ veggie flavored baby food, just not the actual solid foods. I am not sure how to better convince him to eat more veggies. Has anyone else had a beardie that refused salads? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
I'm in the same boat as you. My beardie has just turned 1 and will not touch her salad- i've tried all sorts of variety but no luck. Ive tried putting worms in with the salad but she's too clever and picks them out- i even went as far as mashing up a worm with the salad :puke: but nothing. She went through a stage of eating it when she was about 8 months but hasn't since. Its so frustrating.

gzambran

Original Poster
Its nice to hear that hes not the only picky beardie out therelol. Alejandro does the same thing if I mix bugs and veggies, he picks around the greens. Hopefully as they get older they will decide to eat their veggies! I'll let you know if I figure out any tricks to get him to eat them.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
gzambran":38f4numy said:
Its nice to hear that hes not the only picky beardie out therelol. Alejandro does the same thing if I mix bugs and veggies, he picks around the greens. Hopefully as they get older they will decide to eat their veggies! I'll let you know if I figure out any tricks to get him to eat them.

dylankw

I am having a very similar problem, except mine is a new beardie. I have had him for a week and a half or so and I havent gotten him to eat any fruits or veggies except for carrots. He will carrots if I feed them before his crickets, but wont eat anything else. I have tried parsley, celery greens, watermellon, grapes, dadelion greens, and tomatos and he just looks at it, lickes it once, then ignores it. Any ideas on something my picky beardie might like? I have considered maybe mango, its kinda similar in color and texture to carrots, but much sweeter. I would really like to try to get him some grees, because I have heard they are really important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom