Picking Up CL Beardie Tomorrow! *UPDATE WITH PICS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
I always keep an eye out for beardies on Craigslist in my area. I have seen so many rescues on the boards here that I felt it was just something I had to do in case there was one close by I could help. There is a 2 yr. old beardie in South NJ that someone was giving away free because their child lost interest in him. I think he MAY be a citrus but not sure. They said he eats crickets, greens & is tame. I asked them to let me know what kind of lighting her has been under and if he has any known health problems.

My partner is going to be up in that exact same town tomorrow (this trip was planned a week ago!), so it must be fate! We are so excited. That will bring us to 4 beardies to be slaves to. Yay!

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The old "owner" dropped him off today. He is such a sweetheart! He is way too thin as I can feel his ribs and see a part of them. He hasn't had a UVB light source in MONTHS and hasn't had a heat source for over a week. :cry: He was also kept on red calci sand & his scales are stained.

We immediately gave him a good soak (whereby he took a HUGE poop which was mostly greens) & put him in the sun for awhile. We also trimmed his nails as they were way too long. We decided to name him Sylas. I am pretty sure he's a "he"...LOL. We also fed him dubia and he LOVED them!! From what the previous owner said, Sylas is about 2 yrs. old. He is so calm and sweet. He showed no signs of aggression & when he saw one of our other beardies (Atticus) he started waving at him so I thought maybe he is a she?

We plan on spoiling him as much as possible. I have a new Reptisun 10.0 coming. Right now he has a coil UVB (only one we had on hand) and a bulb for heat. On a good note he has been getting calcium & vitamins on his crickets (which were way to SMALL - 1/2 in.!).

As soon as I get pictures off my camera I will post them.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
anamlgrl":m7n0c6hm said:
The old "owner" dropped him off today. He is such a sweetheart! He is way too thin as I can feel his ribs and see a part of them. He hasn't had a UVB light source in MONTHS and hasn't had a heat source for over a week. :cry: He was also kept on red calci sand & his scales are stained.

We immediately gave him a good soak (whereby he took a HUGE poop which was mostly greens) & put him in the sun for awhile. We also trimmed his nails as they were way too long. We decided to name him Sylas. I am pretty sure he's a "he"...LOL. We also fed him dubia and he LOVED them!! From what the previous owner said, Sylas is about 2 yrs. old. He is so calm and sweet. He showed no signs of aggression & when he saw one of our other beardies (Atticus) he started waving at him so I thought maybe he is a she?

We plan on spoiling him as much as possible. I have a new Reptisun 10.0 coming. Right now he has a coil UVB (only one we had on hand) and a bulb for heat. On a good note he has been getting calcium & vitamins on his crickets (which were way to SMALL - 1/2 in.!).

As soon as I get pictures off my camera I will post them.

Aww poor baby.. Well at least he pooped so you know he isnt impacted form the sand.

I cant wait to see photos.

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Here is our new beardie Sylas. He is a nice sized beardie with an absolute sweet disposition.

SylasRibs.jpg

Sylas1.jpg

Sylas2.jpg

Sylas3.jpg

anamlgrl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He is already my snuggle buddy. I forgot to label the pics. The first one is of his ribs. You can see and feel them. We will fatten him up really soon!

Fortunate

Hatchling Member
What a gorgeous guy! wow!
congrads!! :)

And thank you for being a rescue mommy :)
He doesnt look too skinny, i think on here we are all just used to our chunky monkeys! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom