Pic of my new BD and the viv I built - opinions please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagy

Hello,

I finally figured out how to post some pics on here....lol....dumb a**. The little guy below is 'Pyro', I bought him in February and his already doubled and a bit in size. His not quite tame yet as I bought him from a pet store where they obviously never handled him (horrible store......the lighting is inadequate in some of the enclosures and food they feed their BD's, even larger ones is a mush riddled with ants). He has improved and is getting used to me slowly, however he can be rather temperamental....as they are. As for my 'U Beaut Viv', I initially had Pyro in an aquarium, however because I live in the tropics, i found it impossible to maintain a cool side. So I found an old snake enclosure at the second hand store ($30).....it was that damaged (water logged, mould, etc) that I tore it apart, kept the window pane and rebuilt it from scratch......very fun!!!....(alcohol and power tools)....I worked away like a mad woman for 2-3 days. I'm yet to find some decent logs with height for him to climb on, I guess what I have will suffice for the time being, he just snuggly fits inside the log. Other than that the only other thing I can think off would be to get a wire cage around his basking light. I only just finished this viv about 3 weeks ago and I'm already eager to build a bigger and better one.

5105_105732503627_624783627_2875737.jpg

5105_105732498627_624783627_2875736.jpg

5105_105732493627_624783627_2875735.jpg

Snagy

Original Poster
Thanks....I hope he thinks so too. For the first few days he was constantly climbing up the mesh and trying to squish his face through it....lol......he eventually figured he wasn't getting anywhere and gave up.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hey there and welcome to the forums!

Your viv looks great and so does your dragon.
What is the little ones name?

What kind of sand is that? Its not calci-sand is it?

Holly

Snagy

Original Poster
Hi Ethelia,

I called him 'Pyro'. As for the sand it's just red dirt scooped up from somewhere here in australia, it had bits of rocks and what not in it, so I used my flour sift to clean it out before putting it in the viv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom