Phoenix Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi was wondering what are some good places to order phoenix and other types of warms that the BDs seem to like from at resonible prices tell i can find what Scooter likes and start my own collonies. Also need to know where i can get a few Dubias to see if she likes them.

Thank you hope to hear back soon!

Unknownhope

Hatchling Member
william212":3lqhbs6m said:
Just orderd 500 large repti/phoenix worms from http://www.reptiworms.com/

My ~5 month old Beardie is eating about 15~ 20 or so cricks a day + greens

Figure 20 cricks = ~25 phoenix worms?

That worries me... My 5 month old eats 60+ worms in one sitting. And I do this with him twice a day.
Babies that young should be eating 70+ crickets/reptiworms or so a day, split into 2-3 different feedings.
(Sorry to jack your thread)

I order reptiworms from www.reptiworms.com, the people who work there are very nice and have accomodated the amount I need for my 5 month old, which was more than 700 a week and less than 5,000.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
I agree 20 a day is prob not enough but my baby Scarlett she is a little over 8 weeks and she hates crickets so that's why I ordered her the repti worms.. she usually eats about 20 each feeding..and she also loves her greens @ william you should let them eat as much as they can in 10 minutes.. Also the older they get the less they need/want the live food and will start wanting their greens more..

Thanks for the concern but I've seen so many varied feeding behaviors posted throughout the web that one pattern doesn't fit all. He was the first week chomping down 20 cricks a sitting, but never hit a number like 60.

I feed him until he ceases to eat and ignores the crickets around him. The number hovers around 10 or fewer crickets. I tend to leave two or three in the tank for him to snack on as warranted. Plus he gets changes of varied greens twice a day which some days he eats away, other days he ignores. He does have a fondness for the occasional waxworm treat but no so much for mealworms which he'll eat a few and leave the rest for later.

Thanks for the concern, though

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
william212":2fb769i0 said:
Thanks for the concern but I've seen so many varied feeding behaviors posted throughout the web that one pattern doesn't fit all. He was the first week chomping down 20 cricks a sitting, but never hit a number like 60.

I feed him until he ceases to eat and ignores the crickets around him. The number hovers around 10 or fewer crickets. I tend to leave two or three in the tank for him to snack on as warranted. Plus he gets changes of varied greens twice a day which some days he eats away, other days he ignores. He does have a fondness for the occasional waxworm treat but no so much for mealworms which he'll eat a few and leave the rest for later.

Thanks for the concern, though

Oh i agree they all have different eating habits.. Scarlett would only eat like 6 crickets in a feeding which was worrying me b/c it was so little especially when i see people on the forum saying their beardie eats 70-100 crix a day.. Thats why I ordered the worms.. I've only had her for two weeks too though so she's just now developing her appetite.. I only feed her twice a day so in reality she only eats about 40 worms a day and some days less just depending on her appetite...

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
My 4 month old will eat about 60+ reptiworms a day, more than my 8 month old. He loves his food :roll: They definitely have a different eating behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom