Phoenix Worms substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizzle

Hello,

I have recently experimented with Phoenix worms/BSFL/Calciworms... I had ordered some from a local breeder many times in the past but one time in particular, the worms were double the size/thickness and the breeder didn't know why. Through research I found a source online that explained how to do it. After attempting it myself, I have in fact grown my worms.

My question is this... Now that I've grown the worms, I have them in a container lacking any substrate. What can I use as a substrate for them in the meantime? Ideally something that might be readily available. I currently have superworms in ground up oats, is that an option for Phoenix worms?

Thanks

Shinryu

Hatchling Member
Staff member
Lead Writer
Hi Sizzle! I don't have any experience with this but I'm hoping there may be some useful information in this post.

Also, I searched our forums, and someone mentioned bonemeal as one possibility but also wasn't sure so maybe that would be something to research.

Lastly, I also found this Phoenix worm care sheet that mentions substrate options. https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/threads/phoenix-worm-breeding-caresheet.258312/ I hope this helps a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom